PG Music Home
I imported a MIDI track into BIAB that has 6 channels (No Bass or Drums as I am using an existing style), they are channels 3,5,6,8,9,11
As long as I use a default Audio Driver, i can hear all of the channels on the melody track ok. I was having problems controlling the volume of this channel to balance with the style, so tried to save the MIDI track as a WAV file so I could make a permanent volume change to the WAV file. Problem was that the process required Dxi to render the WAV file (I had previously been using VSC Dxi, but had a problem with it and did a reinstall of VSC but had not change the Driver Setup). Once I changed the Audio Driver setup to VSC Dxi and converted to WAV, I had 3 minutes of blank space except for a string of notes in the middle of the track. I played the composition and experienced the same thing, so concluded that all of my MIDI channels on the melody track were not there anymore. I set the Audio Driver back to the Microsoft stuff, and all my channels are back. Can anyone explain what may be going on here? I really need to switch back to Dxi, but will lose this composition if I do unless someone can tell me what I need to do to save it.

I have the same issues if I add Dxi to the Microsoft drivers, the only thing that I can hear from the original MIDI on the melody channel is some piano licks that were previously strings without Dxi. Maybe I need to do something in the Dxi control panel. If anyone can put me on the right track with this situation, I would surely appreciate it.

pete
Hi Pete,

There are a few possibilities but the first thing to look at is on the Midi/Audio drivers page > below the box "UseVST/DXi Synth" make sure that the next box is also checked > Route Midi thru to Midi driver
jazzman
Thanks Jazzman, the problem was actually on the VSC Control Panel. All of the midi inputs were turned off. I didn't know how things were supposed to be configured on the VSC panel as I've never had to mess with it, but the help files in the Roland directory were helpful. Anyway, all the midi patches are runed back on and things are back to normal.
© PG Music Forums