PG Music Home
Posted By: BIABguy 2015 updates... - 03/25/15 05:57 PM
Well as many of you here have come to know,
I just upgraded to BIAB2015 from BIAB2011.

I also updated to the latest version, as suggested when I opened the program.

So why does BIAB then suggest I update once again the very next time I open the program?

and more specifically, why does it suggest I update:
April 15, 2014 gen. maint. stuff 142MB
RealTracks stuff 174MB
May 3, 2011 (not a typo) RealTracks stuff 15MB

Surely PG Music can incorporate these last-mentioned updates in the 2015 installation?
Posted By: DrDan Re: 2015 updates... - 03/25/15 06:22 PM
Last thing I remember was the "auto update notification" from within the program was not working. You need to look at the current build number then go on line to see if it is current. Welcome back to BAIB.
Posted By: BIABguy Re: 2015 updates... - 03/25/15 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
Last thing I remember was the "auto update notification" from within the program was not working. You need to look at the current build number then go on line to see if it is current. Welcome back to BAIB.

Thanks, and thanks also for the welcome! smile
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: 2015 updates... - 03/26/15 03:08 PM
))) So why does BIAB then suggest I update once again the very next time I open the program?

Because those recommended updates are to the Realtracks that you bought in 2011. You should run those updates, and it will improve the sounds of some of those 2011 Realtracks.
Posted By: receder Re: 2015 updates... - 03/26/15 03:30 PM
Just to clarify, has this problem with 415 which I reported back in January been fixed yet?

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=40191&Number=281577#Post281527

Thanks
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: 2015 updates... - 03/27/15 07:51 PM
Originally Posted By: receder
Just to clarify, has this problem with 415 which I reported back in January been fixed yet?

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=40191&Number=281577#Post281527

Thanks

Are you looking for an answer to this question: "Wouldn't an update as old as that have shown up before now?"

No it wouldn't necessarily have shown up, because build 415 does more checks than previous builds. You probably have a couple of files that are older than the ones that the patch installs for some reason. Go ahead and install the patch, it will only touch the things that need updating.
Posted By: receder Re: 2015 updates... - 03/28/15 09:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music

Are you looking for an answer to this question: "Wouldn't an update as old as that have shown up before now?"

No it wouldn't necessarily have shown up, because build 415 does more checks than previous builds. You probably have a couple of files that are older than the ones that the patch installs for some reason. Go ahead and install the patch, it will only touch the things that need updating.

Thanks for clarifying this Andrew, I have been ignoring the BIAB "update available" window up until now thinking that it was a false report and awaiting a fix. If it doesn't update anything that doesn't need it then it seems like a no brainer so I will go ahead and install the update.
© PG Music Forums