PG Music Home
There is a Band-in-a-Box 2015 build 417 update available (April 21)

Download the build 417 Update. (80 MB)

This patch will update Band-in-a-Box 2015 to Build 417 from any previous 2015 build.

Summary of Changes for Version 2015 Build 417, since the previous build 416

• Added: Extra information written to audio files so that DAWS like SONAR, Presonus, Reaper etc. will read the tempo of the WAV file and stretch it if necessary. Note that "Include Acid info" must be selected in the Wave Render settings dialog (Press WAV button for this).

Summary of Changes for Version 2015 Build 416, since build 415

• Fixed: Audio transpose was sometimes set to non zero value.
  • Fixed: Program would sometimes hang on exit, if ASIO used and MSGSWavetable used.
  • Fixed: notation highlight with color notes fixed.
  • Fixed: notation with titlebar sizing issue.
  • Added: debug crash report now created.
  • Fixed: 'remember window size and position' not working.
  • Fixed: double clicking on a song to load didn't work if load last song at bootup was true.
  • Fixed: output chords now saved, with a warning if you have this set.
  • Fixed: Individual track (either by drag-n-drop or when "One WAV file per Track" was enabled in Render dialog) were not acidized.
  • Improved: Updates dialog makes reports in bb\Data folder showing which files need to be updated. Each report is the same name as the update patch installer with "_files_report.txt" appended.
  • Fixed: Automatic updates could cause crash if server data was corrupt, missing, or there was no Internet connection.
  • Fixed: Setting audio transpose amount (either by doing it manually in Song Settings dialog, or automatically when transposing the song) was being set when there were was no Audio track, or Artist Performance Tracks in the song. This could cause a transpose amount other than zero before an audio track was added.
  • Fixed: Save As Video feature would not include tempo changes in audio if the song was MIDI only.
  • Fixed: Save As Video feature would sometimes be out of sync if song had tempo changes.
  • Improved: About dialog shows an improved list of contact information.
  • Fixed: (for localized versions) the tilde ~ or ~~ characters (indicating tempo swapping) were missing from the RealTracks names in the Mixer.
  • Fixed: (for localized versions) some dialogs were not wide enough to show all of the text in some languages.
  • Fixed: (for localized versions) "Freeze/Simple" button was always displaying in English.
  • Fixed: (for localized versions) Updates dialog would not detect the user's language setting (was detecting the operating system language instead).
  • Fixed: Fold song dialog would sometimes show an "Incorrect entry" error message.
  • Fixed: Some of the buttons in the Piano Roll window would disappear, and other screen artifacts would appear, when expanding the mixer (eg. Thru or Audio).
  • Fixed: reading ACID loop files might not be read properly in rare cases (eg. 8bit WAV files).
  • Fixed: a black box would appear over the "Auditioning File" dialog when auditioning MIDI files (and other audio formats).
  • Fixed: Notation defaults button wasn't setting font sizes to default.
  • Fixed: Artifact was remaining on notation and other windows sometimes after Ctrl-T full screen sizing.
  • Fixed: Video window custom sizing wasn't letting certain numbers to be entered.
  • Added: Program now notifies (Yellow FlashTip) on bootup if BBserver is running.
  • Fixed: Pressing Options button from Leadsheet window was causing an exception sometimes.
  • Fixed: Imported Acidized loops sometimes showing up with tempos like 89.999 instead of 90.
  • Added: Some Hi-Q instruments that were not previously included, but called for by some MIDI SuperStyles.
  • Improved: In the Hi-Q MIDI Synth Patch window you can now audition any HiQ patch.
  • Fixed: M_POPFLT.STY was pointing to a misnamed HiQ instrument.
  • Fixed: Instrumental studies Blues Rock Shuffle #1 had incorrect .sty assignment.
  • Updated: Version of Band-in-a-Box Server is updated to version 2.0.1.5058.
  • Fixed: Acidized rendered WAV files were set to the wrong key if the song key was minor or sharp.
  • Fixed: When rendering a track or whole song using drag-n-drop, the file would not be acidized if a region was selected in the chordsheet.
  • Fixed: Some of the buttons in the Piano Roll, Audio Edit, and Notation windows would disappear, and other screen artifacts would appear, when expanding the mixer (eg. Thru or Audio) or toggling fullscreen mode.
  • Fixed: Access violation error message when sometimes opening the Lead Sheet window, if one of the custom track names was blank.
  • Fixed: Choosing 'Silence' as a RealTrack would create a blank track label.
  • Fixed: Access violation would occur when leaving the Notation Window Options dialog, if the dialog was opened from the Lead Sheet Options dialog.
  • Fixed: Choosing a custom MIDI style would not show in the RealTracks Picker dialog.
  • Fixed: Save to Video feature would give the message, "... pixels is an invalid Width..." when disabling "Custom dimensions".
  • Fixed: (for localized versions) Flash message font size was too big in some languages.
  • Fixed: (for localized versions) Style description on main screen would have garbled text in Japanese or Polish.

There is also RealTracks Patch available http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=291536#Post291536
Wow, y'all have been busy.

Thanks, Andrew. Looking forward to downloading and applying this patch this evening.
Thanks, Andrew. I'm just getting it and the Realtracks patch now. These are very substantial updates.
Thanks Andrew and the team.

Great to see a couple of items I had reported in the 'fixed list' too!

Trevor
Excellent. Thanks so much, especially for the RT patch!
That's a lot of work, thanks! smile
Do appreciate all the work you folks do for us.

Thank you.
This looks great, thank you.

One suggestion, since everyone will again see this when choosing a style: when you first choose a style after an upgrade, the program informs you the index needs to be rebuilt. That's fine, but then the program says "Not Responding" up at the top line for quite awhile (in my case, maybe a minute) even though it is in fact working. It would be a big help to see a progress bar so we don't think the program has frozen.
Okay, a serious question: It seems as if the overall font size has changed. It's so small, I'm having trouble reading it. How do we change fonts that aren't the Chord Sheet or Notation fonts?
I didn't notice that; will check. Any specific example, Tom?
Which font are you referring to Tom?
The fonts on all the buttons -- like "Play", "Generate and Play", etc. They simply seem smaller to my eye. Not sure why. They also seem a bit smaller in many of the popup menus in the Prefs section, e.g., Reverb, Colors, etc.

I hope it's not just my eyesight going. But I have much the same problem with Kontakt, SampleTank, etc. -- just too dang small.
Tom,

Have you tried changing the resolution of your monitor? That can affect things like fonts on labels, buttons, etc. I have my resolution set to 1280 x 768 as it is comfortable for my eyes.

Regards,
Noel
Haven't done a thing. I've had the res at 1920x1080 forever.
Thank you to everyone at PG Music that worked on the April, 2015 update projects! I appreciate the continuing work you do to improve Band-in-a-Box, RealBand and the product accessories.
You're right, Jim, guys, bad form on my part not to thank PG and the team. Font issues (which may just be my eyes) aside, this is sounding better than ever, and is way stable. Peter, Andrew, everybody else, you rock. Thank you!
>> The fonts on all the buttons -- like "Play", "Generate and Play", etc. They simply seem smaller to my eye. Not sure why. They also seem a bit smaller in many of the popup menus in the Prefs section, e.g., Reverb, Colors, etc.

The buttons and the text on the buttons are actually graphics, so the graphics can't change in size, unless the resolution of the monitor is changed. ie) there isn't a font involved
A-HAH! Did not know that. Thanks for the heads-up. Well, I need to get new glasses anyway. smile
I thank you folks for your hard work and great updates.
Tom, don't know what size monitor you're using but I'm on a 55" big screen in my living room and a 32" in the bedroom with both set at 1280 X 768.

The resolution vs screen size issue is the reason I started using big HDTV's a couple of years ago. Absolutely no way could I use 1920.

Bob
When I download the update from within BIAB (check for updates, etc.) it hangs at 99%. I had to close all and do it the old fashioned way.
Hi John. There have been a few other reports of problems with this new feature, and the suggestion is to do it the way you did. I'm sure the bugs will get worked out. You might consider reporting your experience, which I haven't seen before, to the online chat so Support is sure to see it.
I had the same problem (hung at 99%). So I just went to the web site, downloaded the file, and applied the patch manually.
© PG Music Forums