PG Music Home
There is a RealTracks update available (April 14 2015)

Download the RealTracks Patch. (110 MB)

Users with the Audiophile version of Band-in-a-Box should instead download the larger Audiophile update patch (900 MB)

This is a general maintenance patch for RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI SuperTracks. It includes all of the recent fixes and enhancements that we've made to files shipped in 2014 and 2015. Some of the main fixes are listed below. There are also enhancements to most shots and holds files to allow them to work as held styles.

• Improved: Enhancements have been made to existing shots & holds in RealTracks: When entering holds in Band-in-a-Box, guitar RealTracks will now play holds in a more musical way, with strums that lead into the beat. Many more RealTrack can now be designated as "Held" styles (a new feature in Band-in-a-Box 2015) when picking them in the RealTracks picker.

For example, if there is a guitar RealTrack you really like, but you'd like it to just play held chords rather than a rhythmic part. Unique, individual 'Held' RealTracks can be created from existing RealTracks in the Soloist Editor. Individual RealTracks can be specified as 'Held' in Band-in-a-Box styles (.sty files)

Here is a Band-in-a-Box generated demo of Holds 105 that demonstrates the effectiveness of this. This .SGU cycles through shots/holds chords: maj, min, m7b5, and dominant 7, playing each chord in the key of A, C, D, E, and G. .... Listen to the Holds 105 Demo file
    ----
  • Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningGritty Ev 120 Direct Input: Some Direct Input audio data was missing.
  • Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryDrivin8ths Ev 150 Direct Input: Endings in Direct Input version didn't work properly.
  • Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SmoothJazzPoppy Ev16 090: support for minor 7th endings.
  • Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Soul70sBrightA-B Ev16 100: some major chords playing incorrectly.
  • Fixed: Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist GypsyJazzWaltzJohn Sw 200 improved RealCharts with better phrasing.
  • Fixed: 12 RealTracks, general maintenance updates (mega and pro had slightly older versions).
  • Fixed: RealTracks Set 217 - Jazz Pollwinners 8: Misc improvements. Soloists are now correctly placed and some new styles/demos have been added.
  • Fixed: RealTracks Set 219: New realstyle added.
  • Fixed: RealTracks Set 220, 222: Some styles and demos improved.
  • Fixed: Bass, Acoustic, Bluegrass Doc Ev 100; fixed dropouts during playback.
  • Fixed: RealTracks Set 221: missing demo file.
  • Fixed: RealTracks Set 225: fixed incorrect demo names.
  • Fixed: RealTracks Set 227: Style preview added for _CBALDBR.wma
  • Fixed: RealTracks Set 226: Now has RealStyles available, including SGU and preview demos.
  • Fixed: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming BluegrassWaltz Ev 140: fixed dropouts during playback.
  • Fixed: Fiddle, Background Pop16ths Ev 085 (regular and outside): Simple arrangement was causing problems and has been disabled; riff selection is improved.
  • Fixed: Some Country2Beat^ and CountryEven8 RealDrums Demo Audio files were misnamed.
  • Fixed: Shots and holds now work properly with Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm GypsyFolk Sw 190, Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist GypsyJazzQuinn Sw 190, and Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm FunkyFolk Ev16 110.
  • Fixed: Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Acc PopVancouver Ev 100 was previously playing Jazz chords when Pop chords were entered.
  • Fixed: Some Holds files were crashing the Audiophile version.
  • Fixed: RealTracks Set 211 - _BOGG70S demo had incorrect .sty assigned.
  • Fixed: Some Rockabilly shots and holds were not working properly.
  • Fixed: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RockabillyRockNRollKevin Ev 165 (Soft LH) did not include the correct audio files so the softer left hand was not heard properly.
  • Fixed: RealTracks Set 211 - RealDrums Demos Audio MotownFunkyTriplets files were missing.

Thanks Andrew.

I note the fact that there is a larger update patch for we Audiophile users. However, that is over 2 hours of download with Aussie Internet speeds etc. So, can we get this update as a disk please?
>>> I note the fact that there is a larger update patch for we Audiophile users. However, that is over 2 hours of download with Aussie Internet speeds etc. So, can we get this update as a disk please?

Yes, we'll be able to do that. I'll ask them to send you one by post Graham. Any other Audiophile users that would prefer to get a (free) DVD in the mail (rather than a 900MB download), please let us know by emailing sales@pgmusic.com and requesting one.
Gees, thank you Peter. That is extremely generous. smile
Just to let you know that the Audiophile Update on disc arrived safely in Australia and has now been installed. Thank you Peter, Catherine and all the gang.

One of these days Broadband will be available in this neck of the woods and I will be able to download large amounts of data in a reasonable time. Or so the Government have promised us. But I'm not holding my breath.
Posted By: solidrock Re: RealTracks Patch Available (April 14) - 05/11/15 04:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Graham Martin
...One of these days Broadband will be available in this neck of the woods and I will be able to download large amounts of data in a reasonable time. Or so the Government have promised us. But I'm not holding my breath.

Kevin promised that but Tony axed it.
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: RealTracks Patch Available (April 14) - 06/27/15 04:59 PM
YO Peter and BIAB!! What a wonderful thing to do with the FREE, April REALTRACKS update! The way all things should be done in this world. Thank you for your faith and graciousness! Johnny Zell
© PG Music Forums