PG Music Home
Posted By: Cerio Biab 2015 not seeing my DX/DXi - 04/15/15 05:17 AM
Hi everyone. After formatting my computer and a BIAB reinstallation, the program just can't see any DX effects / instruments anymore, wich is a serious problem in my case, for several reasons.

Realband can see the dx plug-ins without problems.

I've tried "return to factory settings" and I've deactivated UAC without success.

Using Windows 7 and Biab 2015 (updated) here.

Any ideas?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Biab 2015 not seeing my DX/DXi - 04/15/15 07:13 AM
Hi cerio,

I don't know if this will help but it's worth a try.

1. Click on the "Plugins" icon and follow the image sequence below.

It may be that items in the "exclude" list need to be transferred to the "include" list.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Cerio Re: Biab 2015 not seeing my DX/DXi - 04/15/15 11:06 AM
Thank you very much, Noel, but that didn't work.

I solved the problem by deleting the MaxPluginToScan.txt file on c:\bb folder, wichi included the line "Max=0"

Weird crazy
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Biab 2015 not seeing my DX/DXi - 04/15/15 08:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Cerio
Thank you very much, Noel, but that didn't work.

I solved the problem by deleting the MaxPluginToScan.txt file on c:\bb folder, wichi included the line "Max=0"

Weird crazy

Cerio, How did you even think to examine the MaxPluginToScan.txt file?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Biab 2015 not seeing my DX/DXi - 04/15/15 08:19 PM
I agree, Jim. It's great detective work!
Posted By: Cerio Re: Biab 2015 not seeing my DX/DXi - 04/16/15 05:39 AM
No detective work involved, hehe. After a couple of days trying to solve the problem, I suddenly received this yellow message

"C:\BB\MaxPluginsToScan.txt file limited the number of counted plugins, likely because of a previous crash. Rename this file and reboot to try to scan plugins again [15/04/2015 15:58:34]"

smile
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Biab 2015 not seeing my DX/DXi - 04/16/15 03:42 PM
wow, that's neat that the error message displayed. Any idea what may have changed to cause it to be displayed? Strange it took a couple of days before the error message was triggered to display.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Biab 2015 not seeing my DX/DXi - 04/18/15 05:04 AM
After a new Windows (XP,7?) maybe it's an idea check your windows DirectX version and installation, also with a lot of plugins the visual basics and dot.net installation should be up to date - F
Posted By: Cerio Re: Biab 2015 not seeing my DX/DXi - 04/18/15 07:28 PM
The first thing I did was to check if my dx plug-ins were working on other programs or not.

Since all the plugins worked on all programs except BIAB, I knew from the start that the problem was on the program, not on my system.

I really don't know what caused the problem or why the program took two days before sending that message.

© PG Music Forums