PG Music Home
Posted By: occ Lyric Question - 04/18/15 01:01 PM
I'm getting ready to start playing outside with BIAB. I need to know how I can get the lyrics to come up at the same time as the song. I know how to get the lyrics in BIAB but have to go through several steps to get them to come up with the song. When ever I am playing a gig, I don't have time to go through all the steps. I know there is probably a way to get the lyrics to come up automatically. I do the songs and lyrics in BIAB and move all to Real band. I hope I am say this right so you can understand. Thanks occ
Posted By: solidrock Re: Lyric Question - 04/18/15 10:31 PM
The Lyrics should just come up in the Lyrics window with the chords if it is ticked in options.

Posted By: occ Re: Lyric Question - 04/18/15 11:06 PM
Thanks so much !!! 0cc
Posted By: solidrock Re: Lyric Question - 04/18/15 11:44 PM
If you only need the lyrics & music and no chords you can download
Free KaraFun

Save your BB file to WAV
save your BB file to KAR

open the KAR with KaraFun, in the playlist right click > Convert to Video file

Download Format Factory install "Slowly" so you don't choose any browser toolbars etc.

Select Advance down the bottom > Mux

Drag the KaraFun video file in the top and you BB wav in the bottom.

Now you will have your BB Song as a video with Lyrics.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Lyric Question - 04/18/15 11:47 PM
As you won't have to take a computer just a USB DVD or Media Player that you plug a USB Flash Drive in.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Lyric Question - 04/19/15 12:50 AM
Here's a sample mp4 Lyrics_Video.mp4
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Lyric Question - 04/19/15 11:13 AM
occ:

There's another way to do this if you want to continue to use BIAB to play the songs.

You said "I know how to get the lyrics in BIAB". Not sure where you put them, but if you type them (or simply copy and paste if they're in - say - MSWord) into the Lyric Document Window. Not the Big Lyric Window and not the Memo Window.

Then go to Options > Preferences > Big Lyrics (that's the confusing part) and enable the tick box for "Auto-open lyrics window for songs with lyrics".

That way, every song you open that has lyrics IN THE LYRIC DOCUMENT WINDOW will open too. It's usually easiest if you have the main BIAB window sized to only a portion of your screen, then size the lyrics window to display next to it.

This works well if you use the Juke feature of the Favorites function (Songs > Favorite Songs).

Good luck!
LLOYD S
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Lyric Question - 04/20/15 08:44 AM
Very interesting Lloyd. Would you happen to know if this same method can be used in RB?

Jeff
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Lyric Question - 04/20/15 10:19 AM
Jeff:

As far as I can tell, there's no Lyric Document window in RB, so you'd have to use the Big Lyrics window as shown above by solidrock.

LLOYD S
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Lyric Question - 04/20/15 02:46 PM
Yea, I've been looking around in RB LLoyd. can't find any other way. Your way sounds much cleaner without having the chord symbols to clutter up the window. Guess, I'll stick with my Word docs in the meantime.

Jeff
Posted By: solidrock Re: Lyric Question - 04/20/15 06:31 PM

You can hide chords in BB/RB
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Lyric Question - 04/20/15 11:23 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned. I use BIAB from a laptop and split the screen with the memo feature where I have copied and pasted the lyrics.

Hope this helps.

Later,
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Lyric Question - 04/21/15 08:59 AM
These are great suggestion SolidRock and DannyC! Would I be able to copy and paste from a Word doc directly into the Lyric window or do the words have to be entered on the tracks?

Jeff
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Lyric Question - 04/21/15 10:24 AM

This is from the BIAB Help File:

"The Lyric Document window displays a full screen of formatted lyrics so you can easily copy and paste lyrics to and from your favorite word processor. If you have the lyrics available you can quickly paste them into Band-in-a-Box. These lyrics will show up on the Big Lyrics window, so that they can be seen during playback.

You may already have the lyrics to your song typed into a word processor, nicely formatted with font/color/bold choices etc. Previously, you would need to retype them into Band-in-a-Box and would lose your formatting. Now you can simply Copy/Paste them to/from your word processor. This allows you to quickly add lyrics to any Band-in-a-Box song.

You can open this window by choosing Window | Lyric Document Window, or pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L. In addition, if "Auto-open lyrics window for songs with lyrics" is set to true in the Lyric Window Options dialog (Opt. | Preferences [Big Lyrics]), the Lyric Document Window will open up automatically when the song is loaded, and close when the next song is loaded.

To use the window, type or paste in text from a word processor. You can select fonts and colors as you would in a word processor. Since the data is stored in RTF format, it should look very similar to the appearance it would have in WordPad.

You can transfer "line based" or "note based" lyrics from the Notation screen of Band-in-a-Box to the Lyric Document window with the Lyrics | Copy Lyrics to Clipboard menu command. This launches the Options for Copy Lyrics to Clipboard dialog allowing you to select which elements to copy (line lyrics/ note-based lyrics/ chords) and formatting options."
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Lyric Question - 04/21/15 12:36 PM
Sorry Lloyd, I should have further clarified my question before asking. I'm asking this about RB not BIAB. Sorry.

Jeff
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Lyric Question - 04/21/15 11:11 PM
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
Sorry Lloyd, I should have further clarified my question before asking. I'm asking this about RB not BIAB. Sorry.

Jeff

Not sure about RB as I exclusively use BIAB for live gigs.

Sorry Jeff.

Later,
Posted By: solidrock Re: Lyric Question - 04/22/15 12:10 AM
There is also a VST Notepad, you can get it to scroll with the song using volume nodes.

VST Notepad

© PG Music Forums