PG Music Home
Posted By: smallchamber Half Time - 04/29/15 04:39 AM
I know this has been discussed several times, but I can´t find the helping thread...
Problem:
I laid out the chords for a song at 130BPM, and while I searched for a nice style, I found the best fitting one is in 65BPM. When I turn down the speed of the song the chord changes should be two times faster. I´m quite sure there is a function in BIAB to solve this problems.
Any hint?
Thanks in advance

SC
Posted By: solidrock Re: Half Time - 04/29/15 06:43 AM
Edit > Reduce (duration of chords by 1/2)
Posted By: smallchamber Re: Half Time - 04/29/15 09:10 AM
Thanks, solidrock!

SC
Posted By: Antho1965 Re: Half Time - 04/29/15 10:07 AM
Sheesh and all this time I was re-writing the chords and I didn't have to...thanks
Posted By: smallchamber Re: Half Time - 11/03/15 08:18 AM
... and how can I force BiaB to use a specific Real Track instead of the one BiaB thinks is best matching the tempo?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Half Time - 11/03/15 08:42 AM
In Realtrack picker, it's also possible to set a Realtrack to play in "Halftime". This means it will play in half the time it is designed to... thus a Realtrack designed for a tempo of 65bpm will play correctly at a tempo of 130 bpm if the "Halftime" option is selected (since notes play twice as quickly at 130 bpm than they do at 65 bpm).

Also... to deactivate the auto-substitute options, right-click on the chord sheet and select "Song Settings". There are two to uncheck.... one is related to Realtracks and one is related to Styles.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: smallchamber Re: Half Time - 11/03/15 08:45 AM
Thanks Noel,
that's exactly what I was after

KR
SC
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Half Time - 11/03/15 03:53 PM
Originally Posted By: smallchamer
Thanks Noel,
that's exactly what I was after

KR
SC

Cool. If my recollection is correct, the "Song Settings" method of deactivating these auto-substitutes applies on a song-by-song basis. If you want to deactivate them permanently so that the settings apply to all songs, it's necessary to go to "Opt | Prefs | Realtracks".

Regards,
Noel

© PG Music Forums