PG Music Home
I am going to record a song with a singer/composer and a bass player. I will make a CD of the BB song, without bass.

I wanted to print out the song (with chords and melody) for the bass player, but the printout becomes partly illegible when I have a slash chord (Gmaj7/F#) on beat 4, which partly overwrites the next chord on beat one (Em7) in the next bar.

Any tips how to correct this (other than by hand?

Brgds,
Tonnie
Tonnie -

I don't know if you can do anything other than change the number of bars per system to give the chord more room to print. Of course that results in a larger printout and more pages printed.

One thing you might want to try is to download the free MuseScore notation program, which will [to some degree of success] read BIAB files. That might give you a better printout for your bass player.

BTW, my mom and sister travelled from the US to visit Norway and are in Bergen right now. They went over to Oslo to visit my aunt (my mom's sister) and then took a side trip to Bergen. I have never had a chance to go to Bergen (other than landing at the airport to continue to Oslo), but I am looking forward to hearing the stories and seeing the pictures. As my mom is in her mid 80's and my aunt is almost 90, this may be the last trip.
Tonnie:

You could try this -

1. From the "Lead Sheet Window" (click on the green, tied 1/8th note icon), click the "Opt" button
2. That gives you the "Lead Sheet Options" window
3. In the box that says "Fakesheet bars/line", set the line you are having trouble with to one less bar
4. For example, if the whole song is set to 4 bars per line, and the problem slash chord is on line 3, you could set the bars/line to this: 4,4,3,5,4,4,4,4

5. That would give you more room on line 3 but less room on line 4
6. You may have to adjust the bars/line of additional lines to make it look right

Good luck!
LLOYD
Go to: Pref-Notation and change the percentage of the font size. Default is 100%. Ray
P.S. You can change the font size in the Print Options also.
Hi Tonnie. If any of the three options posted in this thread have worked, let us know. Whatever solution works will help others in the forum. Ray
Thanks guys!
Changing the Bar Line % in the Print Options window to 100% worked perfectly!

Brgds,
Tonnie
© PG Music Forums