PG Music Home
Posted By: critter Shots and holds etc. - 07/02/15 03:09 AM
Is there a way to bring up all styles with shots and holds etc? I would like to check out different styles with them included. thanks
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Shots and holds etc. - 07/02/15 04:34 AM
Originally Posted By: critter
Is there a way to bring up all styles with shots and holds etc? I would like to check out different styles with them included. thanks

Hi Critter
Shots and Holds are normally entered in the Chord Sheet

I think just about every style can play with Shots or Holds or Rests on different bars, it just depends on how you enter the Chord value, or did you mean something different?

Attached picture 2015-07-02_17-31-33.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Shots and holds etc. - 07/02/15 04:38 AM
Note also that RealTracks will be able to play Shots Holds etc if this is selected in the Song Settings dialog:

Attached picture 2015-07-02_17-37-46.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: Shots and holds etc. - 07/02/15 11:29 AM
All MIDI styles will play shots and holds.

For RealStyles (or mixed styles, which contain both Real and MIDI instruments), you have to look at the individual instruments (via the RealTracks picker) to see if they have them or not. You won't find the information in StylePicker.

Remember, RealStyles are just a collection of individual RealTracks grouped together in a "style" the supposedly sound good together after listening to them after the fact and deciding whether or not they work together, whereas MIDI styles are generally created from the beginning with the intent that all the parts complement each other (i.e., in the style of).
Posted By: critter Re: Shots and holds etc. - 07/03/15 02:43 AM
I know and have used them before but I wanted to know if there is a way to bring up demo songs in the stylepicker that have the shots and holds all at one time or something similar just for reference in different styles etc. Sorry I did not explain better. Thanks
© PG Music Forums