PG Music Home
Band-in-a-Box has an "Output Chords" feature that sends straight sustained chords to your MIDI Output Driver using a dedicated MIDI channel.
This feature is designed specifically for harmonizers like the TC Helicon VoiceLive 3, so that it can add harmonies to your vocals in real-time, following Band-in-a-Box's chord changes!
Read more about the VoiceLive 3: http://www.pgmusic.com/tcheliconvoicelive3.htm

TC Helicon recently released a free update for the VoiceLive 3, which includes many user-requested features! Click here for more information about this free update.
Have you fixed the ability to send midi via "outputs chords" to the TC Helicon device AND use an internal softsynth like Coyote Forte at the same time?

Last I checked this was only possible with P. Warren's MIDI Redirector.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Excellent question! Paul's software is the only way I know of doing this. His creation opened a whole new world for me.

Jeff
Jeff, I am afraid on this topic it is just you and I - in two part harmony. crazy
Hope you sing better than I Dan!
Let's make it a trio.

I also use the TC Helicon product for voice harmonies on certain songs. I have to remember to uncheck the 'use VSTi/DXi Synth' setting in order to play the midi data BIAB produces for that particular song and then remember turn it enable the setting after the song is over.

Maybe the solution would - have each song save the check box 'use VSTi/DXi Synth' setting (checked or unchecked) on a per song basis. ???

Just my thoughts.

Mark
Originally Posted By: marcus
Let's make it a trio.

I suspect we may be Bass, Baritone and Tenor... in need of an Alto and Soprano

But the available workaround do make the TC-Helicon vocal harmonizers cool stuff with BIAB.
I am having some issues getting BIAB to work with my VL3. I can't tell if it's sending midi chords out to the VL3. I go through the steps and also click midi sync so I can get the midi clock to sync on VL3 with BIAB. So far I have not been able to get it to work. I am just starting out with BIAB but have been using VL3 and Logic X together for some time. I do not use any outside sounds just Apple DLS for now. Eventually it would be great to be able to use something like MidiPipe to route in SampleTank for better sounds. But getting midi sync and harmony to work is my first step.

Since midi channel is set to 5 is that what the Midi In should be on my VL3? Any help is appreciated.
Does this help?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19113390/BIAB-VLT-2.mp4

Welcome to the forum. grin
Originally Posted By: Rigby
I do not use any outside sounds just Apple DLS for now.

Whats that?

Eventually it would be great to be able to use something like MidiPipe to route in SampleTank for better sounds.

ST3 works fine via j-bridge.
Are you on a MAC?

Since midi channel is set to 5 is that what the Midi In should be on my VL3?

Yes. Midiout and Midiin has to match.
Looks like you are on a Mac so my advice is restricted since I am a PC guy.

But, the Apple DLS appears to be a "soft synth". As a result the early question in this thread may apply to you.

"...Have you fixed the ability to send midi via "outputs chords" to the TC Helicon device AND use an internal softsynth like Coyote Forte at the same time?"

This question was never answered here, so I assume the answer is No. Which means you can not send Midi to your Apple DLS and to the VL3 at the same time. Which explains why you are not seeing any blinking lights for midi input on you VL3.

The Video I provided explains this issue and the fix as it applies to a PC.
Thanks so much and yes I realized I posted to the Windows side of the forum directly after I submitted... But I think you have found the issue. I'll try using the other setting and report back on my findings. But I do believe you are correct. Excited to get to know the community and the program, it is a big learning curve but has so much potential.
You don't happen to be an Alto or Soprano?? grin
Just wanted to mention the amazing software editor I just purchased on line for my VL2 as I know there is one for the VL3 & VL3 Extreme. It does all the stuff the TC-Helicon should provide as part of the product smile . Menus on the computer for all the effects allowing you to save them and put them in banks. Talks, reads and writes directly to the VL2. The VL3 software is brand new, but if it's as good as the VL2 is a no brainer!

If you do purchase it, be warned that the email can goe to his spam (at least it did for me)when you pay and send the serial number, so if you hear nothing from him, use the contact option on the menu.

He provides demo versions with some features.

http://www.voiceliveeditor.com/

Yes, Ian Cowdery has done a great job with the TC Helicon products. They really add the functionality that should have been in the TC units in the first place. Without his editors, I would have given up on the VoiceLive units long ago. I use his Editor everyday on my VoiceLive Touch.

I have worked with Ian extensively and found him to be very receptive to all inquiries and suggestions for improvements to his products. Would be happy to help you with any issues.

Jeff
Only when vice grips are present!
© PG Music Forums