PG Music Home
Posted By: johnnyzell midi melody skips - 07/26/15 07:42 AM
Hello all! I usually write my melodies in Encore, save them as midi, then import them into BIAB. This has worked for years. I have BIAB 2015 now and have a new problem with them not playing correctly. They "stutter" and "skip" especially on "swing" melodies. But, the musical readouts in notation are perfect. Thanks! JZ
Posted By: Noel96 Re: midi melody skips - 07/26/15 08:01 AM
Johnny,

A couple of thoughts spring to mind.

1. Is there a Realtrack using the Melody track? This might be interfering.

2. I wonder if it's something to do with note length when the file is created in Encore. Go to the Piano Roll mode and you'll be able to see if the notes are long enough. Each note should pretty much extend to the next note. The red notes I've highlighted below are are very short and won't sound correct when played.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: johnnyzell Re: midi melody skips - 07/26/15 12:20 PM
I'll check that Noel! What a great idea! JZ
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: midi melody skips - 07/26/15 02:54 PM
I can't believe what happened, Noel. I worked on this for 3 hours yesterday. Got tired, finally shut everything down. This morning, brought everything up and it plays wonderfully! Who woulda thunk?

BTW, and listening to your "Always There". Love it, and the suspended 4ths in the melody bridge are so neat. Also in that bridge, you've got a wonderful couple of chord changes that add a lot of class to your chart. Just thought I'd let you know. JZ smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: midi melody skips - 07/26/15 03:45 PM
Originally Posted By: johnnyzell
BTW, and listening to your "Always There". Love it, and the suspended 4ths in the melody bridge are so neat. Also in that bridge, you've got a wonderful couple of chord changes that add a lot of class to your chart. Just thought I'd let you know. JZ

Thanks for having a listening, Johnny. Appreciate it. Also, I'm glad all is back to working again for you. Sometimes with Windows, a reboot is the best way to resolve issues. It's a good first step in the problem-solving process.

All the best,
Noel

© PG Music Forums