PG Music Home
Posted By: Antho1965 BB and RB issue...? - 08/06/15 10:47 AM
So this is a problem I see from time to time in BB and RB 2015 but am posting it here. When in BB or RB and I open the “Generate real track” (may not be the exact wording) .

The window that is supposed to open for the instruments seems to get caught behind the main software window and I can’t seem to get it to come in front of BB or RB.

So does anyone know how to resolve this issue as the only way I’ve found to fix it is to close the SW and restart…and as you can imagine that may not always be the most favorable option if you haven’t saved your song.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: BB and RB issue...? - 08/06/15 10:57 AM
Hi Tony,

When it happens again, have a look at the lower left corner of the computer monitor to see if there is a minimised window icon. Quite a while back, I had something similar and this icon allowed me to expand the window.

In RB, try changing the Window view (via the top menu) and then back to the one you had and see if that helps. It might.

Alt+Tab would also be worth exploring.

Let us know if any of these thoughts help if it happens again.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Antho1965 Re: BB and RB issue...? - 08/06/15 11:16 AM
Noel, I'll try those thanks.

The issue with clicking anything in the RBor BB window is that it won't allow it, I get the windows "DING" when I try...
Posted By: jford Re: BB and RB issue...? - 08/06/15 11:32 AM
When it happens to me, most times if I Alt-Tab to a different window, then go back to BB or RB, the hidden window pops back to the front. But not always. Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times.

Another thing to try if you have Windows 7 is to click the bottom right hand corner of your desktop (which is labeled Show Desktop), which should minimize all open applications. Then click on BB or RB to bring back the screen. That sometimes works as well.
Posted By: Antho1965 Re: BB and RB issue...? - 08/06/15 11:46 AM
Ok thanks for the suggestions guys....I hope I don't have to give them a try but if I do I'll post back how it worked.
Posted By: solidrock Re: BB and RB issue...? - 08/06/15 07:07 PM
I think they were gonna fix that by putting a "Stay On Top" call for those windows but haven't got around to it.
Like when you open the Tuner, it's Always On Top as I'm Typing now.
Quote:
Form1.FormStyle :=fsStayOnTop;

When I'm running RealBand on Mac using WinOnX there is no Alt+Tab Win+Tab and when it's stuck behind you have to Force Close the program then move the window down first so to have access, because you can't move the main RB when another window is open behind, you just get that loud BELL sound !.

Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: BB and RB issue...? - 08/07/15 04:55 PM
The "ding" you get means your pc is still "busy" opening/generating whatever you are doing at the time. How much ram do you have installed? I am using 6.00 GB here and both BB and RB generate a whole song in less then 10 seconds, is my guess.

The more aps/software we have open will also slow the work flow a bit as well.

Every once in a while, I will get the "ding" when using a RealTrack for the first time. The next time I generate with the same RT, it is much faster.

You could try freezing the bass and drum tracks so they won't re-generate every time you add a new part. That should help speed up the process as well.

Trax
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BB and RB issue...? - 08/07/15 05:06 PM
Hmmm...

I have to agree with John. I think the ding is really generated because there is a modal window open somewhere that needs to be closed before other tasks can be addressed by the user.

Try <Alt><Tab>, minimize whatever you can to try to find the culprit.

Also try <Windows><Tab> to get a 'parade' view of all forms, which might show it up.

HTH

Trevor
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: BB and RB issue...? - 08/07/15 08:26 PM
Another thing, what version of Biab are you using?

Bob
Posted By: Antho1965 Re: BB and RB issue...? - 08/10/15 10:41 AM
Bob - I am using BB and RB 2015 as stated in the original message...thanks
Posted By: DrDan Re: BB and RB issue...? - 08/10/15 10:48 AM
Just confirming, I have seen this behavior in BIAB in the past and currently. Just one of those things to workaround.
Posted By: Antho1965 Re: BB and RB issue...? - 08/10/15 01:11 PM
Yup and of course since posting this I haven't seen it once...lol
© PG Music Forums