PG Music Home
Posted By: ovation99 Selected instruments on Holds/Breaks - 08/23/15 04:34 PM
Hi All

I am putting a song together with RS RDMKBM1. This style has 3 guitars going for it, one being a Brent Mason solo all the way through.

I want 2 bars to play a hold but with the Brent Mason solo carrying on through the 2 bars.
My problem is that I don't seem to be able to select which of the 3 guitars to play through these bars.

The 2 bars entries are:
C...g/ / /C.dg
Bar 1 Bar 2

Hope this comes out alright and you can understand it OK

Thanks guys
Posted By: ovation99 Re: Selected instruments on Holds/Breaks - 08/23/15 04:48 PM
Just tried various options and it seems I need to use C...p as although it's listed as a guitar it's actually on the piano track.
So problem solved.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Selected instruments on Holds/Breaks - 08/23/15 04:52 PM
I tried this and it works OK.
Brent Mason is the first "guitar" in the Mixer window and that translates both as C...g or by using F5 to mute unwanted instruments.
Sure its confusing but remember that the list in F5 is the same order as the mixer.
I put in
C...g / / / in Bar 1 and
/ / /C.dg in Bar 2.
Is that what you meant?

BTW - in MY mixer for this Style Brent is in second position.
Ian
Posted By: jford Re: Selected instruments on Holds/Breaks - 08/23/15 07:36 PM
One of the problems right now with the new feature of all tracks being named but their actual instrument is that for certain features (such as holds, rests, and shots) you still need to know the legacy track names and in which order they appear.

Hopefully that will be changed in a future version, so that tracks are no longer tied to the legacy names (but by providing backwards compatibility to song files already created with those legacy names).
Posted By: ovation99 Re: Selected instruments on Holds/Breaks - 08/24/15 05:45 AM
Originally Posted By: sixchannel
I tried this and it works OK.
Brent Mason is the first "guitar" in the Mixer window and that translates both as C...g or by using F5 to mute unwanted instruments.
Sure its confusing but remember that the list in F5 is the same order as the mixer.
I put in
C...g / / / in Bar 1 and
/ / /C.dg in Bar 2.
Is that what you meant?

BTW - in MY mixer for this Style Brent is in second position.
Ian

Yes Ian that's exactly how I did it, but for some reason it didn't select the Brent Mason track (2)
The way I did it was to was to designate it as a piano track i.e. c...P

BiaB really need to get the track names sorted out
Posted By: ovation99 Re: Selected instruments on Holds/Breaks - 08/24/15 05:52 AM
John,
That's exactly my feeling!

Al
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Selected instruments on Holds/Breaks - 08/25/15 04:52 PM
+1 on that.
© PG Music Forums