PG Music Home
Posted By: Rachael Sampletank ? - 08/24/15 12:19 PM
Hi

I thought there was a tutorial for this but could not locate it.

I had to re-install to a new drive and ran into this problem again. When right clicking on a part to add a SuperTrack, I'm prompted to add a Hi-Q patch. When I confirm, I get an error that it does not exist.

Going into the SampleTank window from BIAB, there is no problem with me loading and playing an instrument.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Attached picture Capture2.JPG
Attached picture Capture1.JPG
Posted By: pedwards2932 Re: Sampletank ? - 08/24/15 01:23 PM
When I installed BIAB to a external drive it put SampleTank on my D drive because that is where I had a full version of SampleTank. It puts it in a SampleTank 2.5/Band In a Box folder you have to use the prefs button on the SampleTank screen that you have pictured from there you can point BIAB to the correct folder then the HiQ sounds will be found.
Posted By: Rachael Re: Sampletank ? - 08/24/15 04:53 PM
Not intuitively obvious but I figured it out.

Thanks
Posted By: pedwards2932 Re: Sampletank ? - 08/25/15 07:37 AM
Only way I came up with the fix for me was to use the PG's Live Help. They did a good job of steering me down the correct path. I have never been thrilled with ST interface....love the sounds but the interface is definitely not intuitive.....I think they spent too much time trying to make it look cool.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Sampletank ? - 08/25/15 08:14 AM
I have to agree, too much time making it look too cool (and way too tiny). PG software has great display Hints that give clues to the functions of nearly every button. A few more of those would not do ST any harm.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sampletank ? - 08/25/15 10:54 AM
I've never succeeded to get RB/BIAB to find ST. I decided one day to read the forum threads and follow the instructions until it was working. I crashed RB and BIAB and had to get PGM staff to get the programs back online... At the time, I only emailed PGM staff with the crash issues, not what I was doing that caused the crashes.

I have since developed a workflow to save assigning HI-Q instruments w/ ST until the last step of my arrangement, At that point I open plug-ins, assign the ST instrument, render the file. Then I remove the ST plug-in before saving my file and everything works the next time I open RB or BIAB.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Sampletank ? - 08/25/15 12:10 PM
Export BIAB tracks to Reaper, insert ST3 on the midi tracks - all problems solved. But you guys already knew that. smirk

So for those of you who have to use ST in BIAB -I wish you the best.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Sampletank ? - 08/25/15 05:07 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
Export BIAB tracks to Reaper, insert ST3 on the midi tracks - all problems solved. But you guys already knew that. smirk

So for those of you who have to use ST in BIAB -I wish you the best.

Bingo! I do this all the time, however I use Sonar.

Note that you can replace Reaper with any other 64 bit DAW in JazzmanDan's message.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Sampletank ? - 08/25/15 09:00 PM
Wouldn't you be better served CALLING PG and simply, once and for all, FIX IT (whatever it is)?

rather than some work around that at some point MIGHT NOT WORK?
© PG Music Forums