PG Music Home

Did you know... In the Mixer Window:
-Hold Ctrl or Shift key to change all tracks at once.
-Hold the [Ctrl] key down as you click on the track slider, or drag the thumb of the slider.
-Hold the [Shift] key and it will move all tracks relative to the move of the original track.

Other Tips for the Mixer Window:
-Custom track labels. Click on the track description on the Mixer, and choose "Rename track title" to change the track label.
-Custom track descriptions. Click on the track description on the Mixer, and choose "Change track descriptions" to change the track description.

Good stuff, thanks.

Just curious, are those first three tips documented somewhere (for when I forget the specific keystrokes)?
Hi Matt - if you go to the BB folder, there's a file called "bbw.tip" which has almost 400 tips to help with Band-in-a-Box.

It's the same resource that the 'Tip of the Day' feature of the program pulls from.
Good stuff, keep posting Callie...never hurts to learn a new trick or be reminded of an old one.

Jeff
And how to hear only 2 tracks, clicking the Solo buttons [S] of these tracks at the Mixer? Or even clicking the Drums and Bass check boxes for example, just below the Main Menu? Is it possible? Thanks.
Thanks Callie. There's always something new to learn! I'll have to go and look at bbw.tip, too!
Thanks Callie, and thanks for the tip about the bbw.tip file too
Hi Abif - when I want to listen to just a few of tracks, I hit [S] for the first track, then [M] for the other tracks (which un-mutes them).

If you try and use [S] on multiple tracks, it will just solo the last track you selected.
Callie, that actually makes a serious Wishlist request. Just yesterday I tried to solo two tracks like I would do in a DAW, and it doesn't work as one would expect.
Thanks Callie and great Matt, several S buttons clicked would be a big candidate to Wishlist! Sometimes I need to hear only the bass and drums, cause most of time I notice that they are out of sync, even in the same RealStyle. It's just me? Sometimes I try to quantize the drums in Cubase, but it's difficult cause the drumset is all together in one track. Separate the pieces of Realdrums in tracks would be another candidate! I say kick in one track, hi-hat in other and so on...
I've learned that by accident.

Solo one track, then unMute the other.

Same procedure in RealBand, but more confusing with the options there:
1. Solo more than one track, but the P/M button is only active for the first selected track
2. deselect the solo option for that track than the P/M button is no more active.

I have a topic on the wishlist some time back where I wish that BIAB and RB grow together. Make them similar in the essential interface regions for a "same look and feel". That is, have functions that are similar enough behave the same and their controls look the same possibly in the same location on the screen/in the floating window.
© PG Music Forums