PG Music Home
Posted By: pax-eterna RB not recognising Bossa To Swing style? - 11/08/15 03:46 PM
I have used the Bossa to Swing style in BIAB and it plays as expected, but when opening the song in RB, RB sticks to JUST the bossa and makes no transition to the swing. Is this a fault of RB? I note the style in BIAB shows parts C and D, is this why RB cannot replicate BIAB oeprations?

Thanks
No one has any idea why this happens?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RB not recognising Bossa To Swing style? - 11/09/15 03:31 PM
As you say, I suspect it's due to the C/D partmarkers. As far as I'm aware, RB only supports A/B partmarkers.

What's the specific name of the style you're referring to? I'll doublecheck.
Thanks Noel it is _BOS2SWG.STY Jazz Piano Trio Bossa To Swing
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RB not recognising Bossa To Swing style? - 11/10/15 05:08 AM
The Bossa style is obtained as A/B variations and the Swing style as C/D in the description in BIAB. (see below)

When in Realband only A/B styles are supported. This is why the style is limited in RB. (That's how I see it at least. It will be interesting to see if anyone else has some other thoughts.)
Thanks Noel. That would confirm it. I will need to render out to wav via BIAB instead of RB. I have been using RB as I find it does a better job and is quicker. But it won't matter for doing just one tune.
© PG Music Forums