PG Music Home
Posted By: Muzic Trax SampleTank 2 error - 11/28/15 10:27 PM
When Biab opens, I get an error message stating Sampletank 2 is NOT found in the registry. I re-installed it from the Biab HD and I am still receiving the same error message.

I tried adding vst from Biab and ST 2 is NOT in the vst (86) folder?

Thanks,

Trax

Here is the actual message:

access viol 0D7ED796 in module ST.x.dxi
read of address 00000000 at 0D7ED796
Posted By: MountainSide Re: SampleTank 2 error - 11/29/15 10:52 AM
Trax, not in front of my computer right now but I think I remember some conversations here on the forum where ST2 can be added as both a VSTi and a DXi. On my system, ST3 is added as a VSTi and ST2 is an DXi.

Also, in addition to looking in the VSTplugins folder under Program Files (x86), look for plugins under any other DAW software folders that you may be using. Sometimes these over ride where BIAB puts the plugins by default, for example I have some dll's in my Calkwalk VSTPlugins folder.

Jeff
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: SampleTank 2 error - 11/29/15 09:56 PM
There are MANY, MANY conversations on this (annual) "problem."

I LOVE PG, but they REALLY, really need a sticky on this one since, they depend on it when using HI-Q MIDI sounds - since they ARE ST 2 instruments.

FYI: ST 2 is BOTH DXi and VSTi. ST 3 IS ONLY a VSTi.

Within BIAB or RB (OR PTPA) you have to ADD the ST 2 VSTi to the BIAB/RB "plugins pull" before it will show up (assuming you installed the VSTi) - it DOES NOT SHOW UP BY DEFAULT.

BIAB ONLY installs the DXi part of ST 2 (technically ST 2.5) - again assuming you select it to be installed during BIAB install. Check (READ) the install list when installing very carefully.

ALSO unlike VSTi's where the .dll file can be moved around where you please a DXi cannot be moved around (without a lot of real in-depth geek know how or tools).

The ST 2 DXi is installed and threaded into the registry and BIAB initially looks there, the registry, to see if it is or is NOT installed.

there is more on this issue/topic do some searches HERE
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: SampleTank 2 error - 11/29/15 11:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl

there is more on this issue/topic do some searches HERE

Hi Larry
There's no Link on the word 'HERE'. Should there be?

Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: SampleTank 2 error - 11/29/15 11:36 PM
VideoTrack

No that was a general search "here" (aka look around this site) but since I'm typing again

Music Trax

LOOK in the BB folder for a file called "DXiPluginList.ini" - rename it and then if you are SURE you installed ST 2 DXi with BIAB do a simple scan for new DX's like this:

"VST Plugins" pull down - > "Options" -> "Scan for new DX Plugins"

It will rebuild that DXi list "DXiPluginList.ini" - just in case.

And if you are a geek and this is JUST as provided as FYI

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=307356&Searchpage=1&Main=43952&Words=sampletank&Search=true#Post307356

ALSO someone else very recently had an issue with ST 2 DXi (again Hi-Q and ST DXi is a recurring topic) not working but turns out it was how they were running form there external BAIB HD I think ( again you can search that one - that may be your issue as well?)

Good Luck
Larry
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: SampleTank 2 error - 11/30/15 04:54 PM
Thanks everyone. I rebooted the PC and ST 2 is now working again.

It was weird, I haven't d/l anything when it started acting up. All of a sudden it said registry error and wouldn't load.

Anyhoo, all is well once again.

Trax
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: SampleTank 2 error - 11/30/15 05:06 PM
Just a word of caution: Problems that go away by themselves, sometimes come back by themselves...
Posted By: MarioD Re: SampleTank 2 error - 11/30/15 06:38 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Just a word of caution: Problems that go away by themselves, sometimes come back by themselves...

Not only come back but come back at the most inappropriate time!
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: SampleTank 2 error - 12/01/15 03:04 PM
I work in an office with both a programmer who handles custom in house software and an outside IT company. Any time we report a problem of any kind the first thing they both ask is did you reboot the machine?

Easily two thirds of the time that alone cures the problem. Why? Nobody knows and nobody cares. Just reboot and move on.

The other thing about ST is make sure you've gone to IKM's website and authorized it.

Also people have to understand that PG has NOTHING to do with how ST works. IKM offers a free version of their software and it allows a user to create their own samples and patches which is how the HI-Q patches were created. PG gives everybody very detailed instructions in how to install it and put the patches in the correct directory. Those instructions need to be followed to the letter and even then it's quirky. This stuff ain't easy for regular computer users who just want to turn it on and everything works. As soon as you get into complex third party software, things get tricky.

For me, all the HI-Q patches work except the Grand Piano one. I've been around and around with this including corresponding with Andrew last year and I still keep getting "Instrument Not Found". It's mostly an intellectual exercise because I normally use other synths anyway but I thought hey, it's available lets get it working. Nah.

Bob
© PG Music Forums