PG Music Home
After activating BBW 2016 successfully (FlashMessageLog.txt confirms successful activation) I exited BB and restarted. Upon receiving and clicking the green message box to download and install update 427, the update successfully completed.

Then, having noticed earlier via the support site that update 428 was available, I manually invoked Download Manager (DM) via Help/Utilities menu to try it out. DM displays "Incorrect serial number", available updates list is blank, and DM allows no further action other than to close the dialog.

Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

OS is Windows 7 Home Premium and up-to-date. BBW 2016 Everything PAK installed to local hard drive updating existing BBW 2013 Everything PAK.

Perhaps unrelated, but I did subsequently notice Peter Gannon's post that update 428 was pulled due to issues with it.

UPDATE: Here's an interesting observation (still waiting on a PG Music reply from this post and an earlier support email I sent to them on the morning of Dec 11).

Monitoring the network connection when I invoke Download Manager, the following URL is listed: qlix.com.br
qlix is a linux code (UBUNTU, etc.) that is apparently being used by DM to communicate with server(s). However, is not .br Brazil? (I have not included the IP address in this post but the the location is Montreal, Canada). What gives? Perhaps anyone using Download Manager (or attempting to use it) should look at the url being accessed. This seems very strange.
Build 428 (BETA) had some issues, so PG advised that we should stay with Build 427 for the time being.

Have you closed down BIAB then restarted it and checked under Help - About Band In A Box to see if your serial # shows again?
Thanks Mike. Yes, I did verify the SN matches both my email and that as labeled on the PG hard drive. I did not install (manually or otherwise) build 428, since it was removed sometime between my start of installation and then attempting to invoke Download Manager. I did submit an email request to PG Support, but have not yet gotten a reply (I'm sure they are very busy at the moment).

Richard
Please see my update to this post.
Sure hope, you don't have Malware or worse on your machine ... I have not seen anything weird like that.
MIke, Thanks for the reply.

My machine should be clean (although no AV is perfect). However, noting the application running (Download Manager), and the url is is connecting to and the associated IP address) and port(s) both local and remote should be able to be confirmed by PG Music. If anyone else wants to try this, open up your AV/Firewall software, and you should be able to see the network connection (could use the OS Network monitoring as well). 142 bytes sent and 148 bytes received. And, DM is the application making the connection. The version of DM is 1.0.5.23, 2015. I don't think it is malware, but rather a synchronization issue with DM and the server(s), or misinterpretation of the information in BB. Perhaps the above will aid PG in troubleshooting this situation. BTW, have you used DM?
I have not used the download manager, Richard. When I upgraded, I used the download manager in Firefox, called "DownThemAll" - it's a plugin and works really well. I'll have to test the DM within BIAB, but it's a bit late wink Getting ready to sleep a couple of hours!

Have a great night!
© PG Music Forums