PG Music Home
Posted By: methodman Drag and drop stopped working in v15 - 12/16/15 02:43 PM
I have a strange issue. I had been able to drag and drop a midi file into biab and then have biab render it into 6 audio files so I could import it into another sequencer. All of a sudden that stopped and now when I press on the master to drag it across to drop it won't do anything. Any idea how to reset biab so my drag and drop will work again?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Drag and drop stopped working in v15 - 12/16/15 02:48 PM
Methodman, which version of BiaB are you using?
Did this change after an upgrade?
Posted By: methodman Re: Drag and drop stopped working in v15 - 12/16/15 03:04 PM
Duh somehow I ticked off the checkbox for it in the plug in as soon as I saw that I checked it and its working fine. Thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Drag and drop stopped working in v15 - 12/16/15 04:22 PM
All good, thanks for letting us know, as this tip can help others too - maybe even me!
Posted By: Music-AMG Re: Drag and drop stopped working in v15 - 07/06/16 05:36 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
All good, thanks for letting us know, as this tip can help others too - maybe even me!

the tip is sort of useful, unfortunately I see no answer given..?? ... no info giving on were to fix this.. I am now having this problem. It's obviously a setting that I must have changed, but, I can't find it..

Actually in my case, drag and drop stopped working in Real Band for some reason. (RB 2016)

EDIT: Figured it out.. You can't use Drag and Drop while running RB in Administrator mode.. is that a bug or working as designed?
Posted By: jford Re: Drag and drop stopped working in v15 - 07/06/16 05:42 PM
Quote:
unfortunately I see no answer given..??

The impression I got was that he had to enable the DAW plug-in mode for it to work.

Press the [Plugin] button on the main toolbar and choose the menu item Start DAW Plug-in mode, or go to the Windows menu and choose Plug-in Mode for DAW.
Posted By: Music-AMG Re: Drag and drop stopped working in v15 - 07/06/16 05:45 PM
see my edit.. thanks..
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Drag and drop stopped working in v15 - 07/06/16 11:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Music-AMG

the tip is sort of useful, unfortunately I see no answer given..?? ... no info giving on were to fix this.. I am now having this problem. It's obviously a setting that I must have changed, but, I can't find it..

Actually in my case, drag and drop stopped working in Real Band for some reason. (RB 2016)

EDIT: Figured it out.. You can't use Drag and Drop while running RB in Administrator mode.. is that a bug or working as designed?

Well, that actually surprises me. I always run RB and BiaB as Administrator, and Drag Drop works in RB for me OK.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Drag and drop stopped working in v15 - 07/07/16 11:21 AM

Well, that actually surprises me. I always run RB and BiaB as Administrator, and Drag Drop works in RB for me OK.

This doesn't surprise me. I can not drag and drop if I run Sonar in Administrator mode. It must be something in our systems if other can DnD to RB and other DAWs.
Posted By: Music-AMG Re: Drag and drop stopped working in v15 - 07/07/16 06:16 PM
I suppose I should have also mentioned that I am using Windows 10 with all the up to date patches as of this post.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Drag and drop stopped working in v15 - 07/07/16 07:15 PM
I suppose I should have also mentioned that I am using Windows 10 with all the up to date patches as of this post.

Same here.
© PG Music Forums