PG Music Home
Here's just some of the great feedback we've received about Band-in-a-Box 2016 and the 201 New RealTracks:

"Band-in-a-Box 2016 is worth buying for the super big band horns alone! The next album on my website will be a big band special!"..."What genius did 'Crooners'? Such great taste! I finished my new chart in a third of the time it usually takes. These new 2016 styles are just great!"..."I'm liking this upgrade more and more with every dip in... "..."What a remarkable product you have here! It's hard to imagine all of the functionality that exists within this product that can't be found anywhere else! "..."Twice as many real tracks as in any previous version! That alone would be worth the price of purchase (but there's more than that!)"..."Very nicely done!"..."RealTracks continue to amaze me!"..."Welcome to newbee Zane Carney with his tasty zany rhythms!"..."Love all the bass sounds as I am always looking for a good bass player, Alex, Freddie, Doug … If you can’t find something you love here you need a new woofer."..."Check out the new Rhythm tones from tone master Brent Mason - Fantastic sounds"..."Guitar Acoustic Fingerpicking… way to go Joe!"..."So much to love, so little time."..."My favorite are the new funk RealTracks, they sound just awesome. The new big band styles are also amazing!"..."Lots of REALLY good new stuff here."..."The Cello in Band-in-a-Box is so much better than what any sampler or virtual instrument can do and I really love that sound!"..."The absolutely brilliant Crooner RealTracks knocked me sideways!"..."The RealTracks this year are OUTSTANDING!"..."The horn section sounds fantastic!"..."Kudos to Peter Gannon for his continued commitment to keep expanding/improving Band-in-a-Box!"..."YES, the horn section is marvelous!"

What about everyone else? What's your favorite RealTracks Set added with 2016, and what's the most exciting new feature for you? Let's hear it!
Hi Callie,

I'm presently having my first-ever experience with the audiophile edition of BIAB. It's fantastic! While the wma files are really good, the sound that is produced by the original, uncompressed wavs definitely raises the bar.

Last night I stumbled across the style _CELLOW2.STY (Dual Cello Waltz). What a stunning sound!!! Thos two cellos are so beautiful. It's inspired me to write a song smile (At the moment I'm listening to an accompaniment over and over trying to ignite some creativity.)

Regards,
Noel

Wow Noel - that's GREAT! I'm glad you're enjoying the Audiophile version, and that it's so inspirational!

(listening to the song right now!)
Woops... Callie, I don't want to mislead you. The song you're probably listening to is a pre-audiophile one. I've still got to create my 2 x cello song. I updated my post with that information but I suspect you are too quick and didn't see it.

Regards,
Noel
Hi Noel - regardless, it still sounds great! (you're right though, this time I was just too quick...)

smile
Callie,

This is me making amends...

Here's the backing I'm listening to at the moment as I hunt for songwriting inspiration. It's the original wav file rendered from the Audiophile edition of BIAB. (The chord progression used in the backing is one that I created for 'Greensleeves'.)

I thought that some users might be interested in hearing an original Audiophile wav - especially if they have a good sound system or headphones. (Given that the file is 14MB, it's probably better to download it by right-clicking and saving rather than trying to play it as a stream.)

I start with piano, drums and a single cello. The second cello joins in at 0:40 seconds.

My settings are the default settings that come with the style. I've modified nothing (see below). The file is exactly how BIAB created it... no effects have been added nor sounds modified.

Sorry to inadvertently mislead you before!
Noel
Noel,

No need to apologize! Just listened to this Dual Cello Backing WAV - and yea, that sounds REALLY NICE! Thank you for sharing!

Callie
© PG Music Forums