PG Music Home
Hi all,

Here is a video with some additional crooner jazz demos, featuring our new 9-part horn section RealTracks style.

More 9-part Horn Section Crooner Demos

And here is an index in case you wish to skip to a demo:

Demo 1
Demo 2
Demo 3
Demo 4

Thanks,
Jareth
Awesome demos ! I really love those new real tracks and crooners seems like having a almost mysterious way of getting adjusted to the style it will be used in...
Great sound from the new crooner horn section, Jareth, but they tend to upstage my own melody and improv. playing. (Can't have that.) Is there a simpler version available? Thanks.
Originally Posted By: AlastairLC
... but they tend to upstage my own melody and improv. playing. (

That is what 9 horn players are supposed to do! grin
It is up to you to "arrange" them. They stand up and they sit down. Just like in a real gig.
And speaking as a horn player who does this, don't forget that horn players need to breathe every so often!
Yes, we plan on a simple variation in future free patch (sparser, less melodic, less notes).
Great! Thanks, Peter.
Producer: "OK, I need you guys to play a wall of sound with a 9 piece brass arrangement, but keep it simple, don't overpower the soloist"

Brass Section: "Right, but who is going to tell the trumpets?"

grin
Wouldn't it be nice if each group of instruments in an ensemble had their own volume control?
Since I first discovered RealTracks the"Hank" acoustic guitar strumming and fingerpick series have been the bar I measure each RealTrack by. Hank just seems to end up playing in almost every song I've worked on. I've got the feeling "PG Brass" will be heard on many User Showcase recordings not just in the immediate future but for years to come.

Way to go PG Music! Sounds like a homerun to me.
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Wouldn't it be nice if each group of instruments in an ensemble had their own volume control?

To paraphrase Chief Brody, "We are going to need a bigger Hard Drive"! grin
Originally Posted By: MarioD

They do, it's called the conductor...

Bob
Attended a holiday party with a 25 piece orchestra. The brass section was fantastic. I meet several of them at the bar at intermission and told them they should be featured more in the arrangement. They immediately called over the conductor and asked me to repeat my request. Which I did..... grin
© PG Music Forums