PG Music Home
Anyone else with this issue?
Tobias,

Chord builder / preview requires the top two tracks of the mixer to be active and non-zero volume (i.e. Bass track and the track immediately below it). With this in mind, have a look at the Patches tab of the mixer and make sure that Sampletank (with no sound attached) is not present on these tracks.

Also, if you are using an ASIO audio driver, try changing to MME and see if that makes a difference.

Another thought.... rather than using an existing song to check chord preview, go "File | New" and start a new song from scratch. This will help clarify whether or not the song file might be the source of the problem (i.e. a corrupt file).

Should the above not work, it would be worthwhile resetting to factory settings (the top option will keep your driver setup in tact.)

Let us know how you go.

Regards,
Noel
Update
Spoke with Joe at PG tech support. He informed me that the Chord Builder does not/ will not/ can not play through the DXi Synth. So, even though my song set up is playing through the DXi Synth properly here's how the get sound from the Chord Builder.

Chose a different "Midi Output Driver". But leave the VSTi/DXi setting so they are working with the song. Ignore the warning that you wont get sound output due to the "Use DXi..." being selected.
Both my Microsoft GS Wave Table Synth and my hardware synths (SD-20 or Juno) produce sound for the Chord Builder while the song plays through the DXi Synth with out the need to switch back and forth.
This works fine for the. The only downside is I don't hear the chord with the actual/exact tone as what my song will be playing. ex: Cotote Forte 90 Pad Warm Slow sound quite different from the Microsoft Wave Table Synth. Non-the-less I do get a close rendition of what the chord will sound like before I enter the chord into the song.
Thanks for the information. Appreciate it.
I have exactly the same problem, but I cannot solve it. Really frustrating...

Any other ideas, please?
Cerio,

Does the below post help?

another solution for chord builder volume issue

Regards,
Noel
Thanks for the link, Noel, I didn't see that thread:)

Unfortunately that doesn't solve the problem. I have had that problem intermittently for the last years (I've learnt to live with that), but a simple "return to factory settings" used to solve the problem. Restoring the factory settings is not working now, I'll keep trying...
cerio,

It would be worth trying the following given the factory reset used to fix the problem for you.

In the \bb directory, find "intrface.bbw" and "mysetup.dk" and rename them to intrface.bbw.old and mysetup.dk.old. This will force BIAB to create new set-up files from scratch. It is the ultimate factory reset and sometimes works when the previous factory resets do not.

If nothing changes, you can always return your renamed files back to their original names and restore the settings.

Note the spelling of "intrface.bbw" - there's no e before the r.

regards,
Noel
Thanks for the suggestion, Noel, sadly it didn't work. Finally I had to reinstall the program, and luckily the chord preview feature is working now.
Cerio,

Now that it's working, save a backup copy of the above two files I mentioned as well as a backup copy of the configuration (under the Opt menu). This might make it easier to get the sound back if it happens again.

Just a thought,
Noel
© PG Music Forums