PG Music Home
Posted By: DC Ron recording MIDI guitar to BiaB on a PC - 01/31/16 06:57 PM
This is for MIDI Guitar V2.12 by Jam Origin. Took me a while to figure it out so wanted to share.

First download and install loopMIDI. Create a virtual MIDI port at the Setup tab. I used the default name of loopMIDI Port for the MIDI port.

Open MIDI Guitar and at the Settings tab select loopMIDI Port as the MIDI OUTPUT ROUTE setting. Leave MIDI Guitar open.

Open BiaB. Go to the MIDI/Audio Drivers Setup window under the Options menu. Change the MIDI Input Driver to loopMIDI Port. Select Ok.

That's it.

Test it out by assigning a sound to the Thru track, or by opening the BiaB MIDI monitor, or both. Record to the Melody or Soloist track using the BiaB Record MIDI button.

Basically MIDI Guitar outputs to the virtual MIDI port and BiaB inputs from it.

There are other ways to do this, but this one is pretty easy.
Hey, what's loop midi? I use a mac and have got midi gtr going with out it. What the advantage? Also, what's that about midi thru? Is that so I can monitor midi through BIAB while I record?
Posted By: DC Ron Re: recording MIDI guitar to BiaB on a PC - 02/01/16 06:21 AM
loopMIDI is a free 3rd party app with a donation option:

http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

There are other apps that can do what loopMIDI does.

The BiaB Thru track is where the output from MIDI guitar will be routed by loopMIDI.

Not sure any of this is applicable to a Mac. Good luck!
Posted By: Pipeline Re: recording MIDI guitar to BiaB on a PC - 10/22/16 10:32 PM
use your IAC bus on a Mac
© PG Music Forums