PG Music Home
Posted By: palmetto rambler lost sound - 02/08/16 06:56 PM
messing around the other night trying to change some volume stuff on my 2008 (yes, 2008) and now i have no sound at all from bb. no styles preview with sound, no songs play back with sound.
I have a dell latitude E5500, no midi, sound card that came with puter, nothin fancy. i use bb just to have accompaniment for my own pleasure.
what could i have done?
running windows 7 pro
I have uninstalled twice and reinstalled. really puzzled, but probably something simple. not a guru, obviously!
Thanks in advance.
"Stumped"
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: lost sound - 02/09/16 10:12 AM
Has this been working OK to this point? Or it is that you're just now installing 2008 on this machine?

Be sure you have the MME driver selected. You also need to have one or another synth installed to get playback sound for the midi based stuff.

Be sure you have a default synth active. If not, you must install one as the default. If you have TTS or another good basic synth on the machine, use that. I'm using TTS from the Cakewalk software I have installed previously.
Posted By: palmetto rambler Re: lost sound - 02/09/16 03:13 PM
thanks,hacker, i'll check those settings. bb has been working fine to this point. that's why i'm puzzled. ty
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: lost sound - 02/09/16 03:34 PM
Not sure what the 2008 version looked like, but this is my setup for using internal sound and MME. Maybe this helps.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Attached picture 2016-02-10_05-31-51.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: lost sound - 02/09/16 04:03 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, version 2008 of BIAB was midi only and version 2008.5 introduced the first three Realtracks.

It sounds like something in the above window that Trevor refers to is not set correctly.

Microsoft GS Wavetable synth needs to be selected (Midi output driver). Also, try disabling the VSTi/DXi syth options to the right of the midi output driver window. If this returns sound, it might be that you need to install a new soft synth?

Have you recently changed your computer? If you are running a 64 bit version of Windows, BIAB 2008 does not automatically have a VSTi/DXi driver.

Also... it may be worthwhile trying "Return to factory settings" under the "Opt" menu.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: lost sound - 02/09/16 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96

Also... it may be worthwhile trying "Return to factory settings" under the "Opt" menu.

Yes! Why didn't I think of that....
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: lost sound - 02/09/16 04:28 PM
yup... be sure you didn't "mute" the computer sound card....

I've done that and spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out..... also be sure you didn't simply mute the project by accident....
© PG Music Forums