PG Music Home
Posted By: DaveG Old style Stylepicker search? - 02/08/16 10:16 PM
Is there a way to get the old Stylepicker search back? The new tools are nice for sorting and exploring but I really liked the old search that would find specific notes in the comments of each style. I also liked being able to browse the folders and categories, but it is not obvious to me how to do that now. I seem to get an overwhelming list of disorganized styles.

Thanks,

Dave
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Old style Stylepicker search? - 02/08/16 11:23 PM
go to c:\bb\bb2015_backup and make a copy of the bbw.exe and rename it bbw 2015.exe copy it to c:\bb right click on it and create shortcut.
Save the sgu and open it in bbw 2016.
Posted By: cchallum Re: Old style Stylepicker search? - 02/09/16 01:19 AM
How about PGM just making it a toggle switch: if turned on it does it like previously, otherwise it's as implemented currently..... I too miss the old style picker!!
Cecil
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Old style Stylepicker search? - 02/09/16 02:30 AM
I'm afraid I tend to agree. Not enough benefit to the new one I have seen yet to warrant the hassle of changing how I work.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Old style Stylepicker search? - 02/09/16 03:25 AM
I just had a look at the delphi in the old and new

2015 uses TStylePickerDialog
2016 use a new form TStylzDialog for the new picker but TStylePickerDialog
form is still in the code
so yes you could have an option to call on TStylzDialog or TStylePickerDialog

If you go to preferences and check run multiple instances - just above the OK button - you can run the old picker 2015 alongside 2016
just copy the name you like then paste it in 2016

Hope this helps

Attached picture styles pickers 2.jpg
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Old style Stylepicker search? - 02/09/16 07:42 AM
))) Is there a way to get the old Stylepicker search back? The new tools are nice for sorting and exploring but I really liked the old search that would find specific notes in the comments of each style.

The new one searches the comments just like the old one, and updates as you type, so it's better. Just type your search term in the search box at the top.

))) I also liked being able to browse the folders and categories, but it is not obvious to me how to do that now. I seem to get an overwhelming list

Make sure you deselect "linclude similar" at the top of the stylepicker. Also, use the. category pull down menu at the top left to choose a category.
Posted By: Debby Re: Old style Stylepicker search? - 12/12/16 05:18 PM
I HATE the new style picker! I don't understand what you're saying. I did check the box to run multiple instances but I don't know what you mean by "copy the name you like and paste it in 2016". What name and how do I copy it in 2016?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Old style Stylepicker search? - 12/12/16 05:45 PM
"go to c:\bb\bb2015_backup and make a copy of the bbw.exe and rename it bbw 2015.exe copy it to c:\bb right click on it and create shortcut."

Full screen

Attached File
BB_Style_15-16.gif  (47 downloads)
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Old style Stylepicker search? - 12/12/16 05:57 PM
Also here http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=361077#Post361077
© PG Music Forums