PG Music Home
This has got to be some stupid-basic setting I'm missing. I'm using an M-Audio Keystation MIDI kbd controller connected via USB and the VSC DXi synth. I can see the notes registering on the on-screen keyboard in BB, so I know I'm transmitting on the correct channel (5) and that the MIDI signal is getting through. But the notes, they no come a out. Wzup?

R.
I jumped in at a good spot - I have the same issue. Finally bought a MidiSport UNO for my Roland EP7 keyboard. Driver is installed and selected. I can hear audio from MIDI in RealBand but, not BIAB. Can see keyboard entry on screen as well - just no audio. Using Coyote Forte synth.

Tom
Argh! Didn't select MIDI output - it's all good now.\
Tom
I remember that when using the VSC DXi and any of my available controllers, when BB was first started up, I could not hear the DXi synth play from keyboard.

Had to press Play first and after that, all was okay.

I also used the ASIO drivers almost exclusively with it. Less lag time.

UNcheck "route MIDI Thru to Output" so that the keyboard will be directed to the VSC synth.

"ASIO always ON" and don't get carried away with the Good, Better, Best dropdown, Better is where I kept mine, the differences. if any, are so slight between Good and Best I couldn't hear it...

--Mac
That got it. Thanks, Mac.

R.
© PG Music Forums