PG Music Home
Posted By: PhillyJazz Ketron SD4 USB MIDI Driver - 05/21/09 04:19 PM
When I plug in my brand-New SD4, XP recognizes it by name, and prompts for a driver. Anyone know where I find this ?? It is nowhere obvious on the Ketron site ....

TIA
Posted By: LynB Re: Ketron SD4 USB MIDI Driver - 05/22/09 02:09 PM
I purchased a Ketron SD 2 with an Edirol Midi / USB Interface recently. As I remember, the Driver was contained on a DVD included in the packaging of the Interface. I hope this helps.

Lyn
Posted By: Mac Re: Ketron SD4 USB MIDI Driver - 05/22/09 02:48 PM
There is no driver, at least not as a separate piece of code.

SD-4 is a totally Class Compliant device for USB. See pg 30 of the SD-4 manual.

I just plugged mine in and the OS (XP SP3) recognized it as "USB Audio Device) inside BIAB's MIDI Output and Input selection window.

Of course, you must plug the USB line into the computer before starting up BIAB or any other host program in order to be able to see that.

The SD-4 also actslike a USB MIDI connection to the computer via its round MIDI connectors in back, too. You can hook your keyboard to the SD-4's MIDI input and route the keyboard's output to the USB input (Thru) in a program like BIAB, thus eliminating the need for a separate MIDI connect to the computer.

No driver needed. Incidentally, it worked the same when connected to my Macbook Pro's USB port when testing the new BB for Mac.

--Mac
Posted By: PhillyJazz Re: Ketron SD4 USB MIDI Driver - 05/22/09 06:52 PM
I figured it out after MUCH research !!

If anyone has a Logitech Quickcam and needs to use the USBAUDIO XP driver, here are the steps !: Don't take any shortcuts. I tried just deleting all the "?????filters" in my registry and had to do an image restore.. got it up now. Thanks !!

1. Go into the registry editor (go to Start Menu, Run and type regedit)

2. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and delete the two items "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters"

3. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F} and delete the item "LowerFilters"

4. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{6BDD1FC5-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F} and delete the item "UpperFilters"

5. Move back to the root of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\

6. Launch a search (i.e Ctrl F with the option to search in "Data") and type "LVUSBSTA". For any place found (only in the "Control\Class" area), just delete the "LowerFilters" item (it is the item that contain the value LVUSBSTA found). For me, I didn't find any other places than the ones mentioned here.

7. Then uninstall the midi device driver, unplug it and plug it back in. Windows should recognise it and install it and it should work!
Posted By: Mac Re: Ketron SD4 USB MIDI Driver - 05/22/09 07:13 PM
So a Logitech "Quickcam" gets in the way of Class Compliant USB MIDI devices?

And it requires a registry edit to fix?

Man.

That is crazy.

Blame Logitech?

--Mac
Posted By: PhillyJazz Re: Ketron SD4 USB MIDI Driver - 05/24/09 11:16 PM
Yeah .. The Logitech Quickcams have built-in USB mikes (that work really well !!) Actually , they are great cameras too, and nearly everyone has one, but they take a hold of USBAUDIO.SYS and tweak it and twist it for their own nefarious purposes.

I ended up buying this one for Vista, only to dump Vista to go back to XP. From the looks of the Windows 7 BETA, It looks like I may be sticking with XP until Windows 8 !!! I'm just not seeing reason to replace all my perfectly-working hardware ...

But this looks liek time for a Creative HD Webcam purchase !
© PG Music Forums