PG Music Home
Posted By: flashgordon Export Audio Track in BIAB 2013 - 04/17/16 11:45 AM
Is is possible to Export out just the Audio Track from BIAB 2013? I want to export from BIAB to edit the audio in Melodyne then import it back to BIAB.

I have been opening the BIAB song in RB 2013 and exporting into Melodyne from there.
Is there an easier/faster way?

Posted By: Noel96 Re: Export Audio Track in BIAB 2013 - 04/17/16 02:14 PM
flashgordon,

Personally, I'd stay with Realband for what you are doing. It's the easiest way. Once you've modified the audio with Melodyne, it can then be imported back into BIAB.

Noel
Posted By: flashgordon Re: Export Audio Track in BIAB 2013 - 04/17/16 07:58 PM
I like BIAB as it's easier for song writing. It's much easier in BIAB to add/remove a bar change styles. There must be a way to export just audio track.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Export Audio Track in BIAB 2013 - 04/17/16 09:33 PM
I agree. Songwriting in BIAB is easier and it's how I create my songs, too. I personally find it easier to work with audio files in RB, though, because I can see them and it's much easier to use plugins, to copy and paste, regenerate sections of track, etc.

If you want to remain in BIAB entirely...

Once the BIAB file is saved with the audio file attached, the audio track is found in the same directory where the SGU/MGU file is located. It will be called the "same name as the song.wav".

For example: If your song is called My_Song.SGU, then in the directory where the SGU file is found will be an audio file called My_Song.WAV; there's no need to export.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: dga Re: Export Audio Track in BIAB 2013 - 04/18/16 04:06 AM
One observation, if you render an edited wave file in RB and put it in the same directory as a BIAB file of the same name. When opening the BIAB file you also open this rendered file too.

As an example if Folder X contains these files,

File Folder X
x.sgu BIAB file
x.wav rendered by RB

When you open the BIAB file both files will open. If you had regenerated tracks in RB, removed any bars in the middle of the song, shortened the song ,changed RDs or RTs, changes styles, or deleted the lead in, in RB, the .wav file will be out of sync with the BIAB file. Its possible the chord changes will sound quite different from the original BIAB file you saved. And you may not like this resulting file.

I'm not sure if this is the proper solution, but, when this happened to me, I closed the BIAB file without saving, moved the rendered file to another location (a sub folder under file folder X) Re-opened the old BIAB and there was no annoying audio track.

I also went to the audio track button at the top of the screen, click it and then select Kill audio. But, I'm not sure if that harms/deletes the rendered .wav file.
Posted By: flashgordon Re: Export Audio Track in BIAB 2013 - 04/18/16 10:38 AM
thank you very much. that works!
© PG Music Forums