PG Music Home
Posted By: flashgordon Greyed out - 04/17/16 11:48 AM
In a song I have spent quite a bit of time on in BIAB 2013 the tracks for strings, melody and soloist are greyed out and there is nothing I am able to do to be able to add/generate and hear real tracks on these tracks. I am able to use bass,piano, drums and guitar.

Can anyone help?

thanks very much.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Greyed out - 04/17/16 12:46 PM
This may be harder to deal with as it is an older version of BIAB, and you may need to contact PG Music Support who will have that older version for testing. However, to help us get started, are you using a style that does not contain strings?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Greyed out - 04/17/16 02:05 PM
flashgordon,

Tagging on to what Matt has said...

As I understand it, if a track name is in grey, it means that that track has not been defined for the particular style you used. This tends to happen with some jazz styles that only use trios.

For example, if I load in the style BLZTRIO8.STY only the Piano, Bass and Drum tracks are used. The others have no instruments or instrumental patterns attached to them. On these unused tracks it's possible to add Realtracks and they will play. If midi is used, though, nothing will happen.

With the above in mind, is the style you've chosen a trio?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Dave Re: Greyed out - 04/17/16 03:35 PM
I have 2013, and can confirm that BIAB will grey out a track name or "white" it out.

As both Noel and Matt have said, a track name that is white does not exist in the chosen style. If you look at the style with Stylemaker, the track will have no patterns nor does it have a real track (green) or super-midi (blue).

If the track name is GREY, the track is disabled in the song. When you open the song click ALT-F2 and on the left you will see a column headed "On?". If the box is not checked, there will be no sound for that track. Check the box and hopefully it will work. This function is song specific.

I use it occasionally if I like the style but don't want to hear the strings, for instance. I just uncheck the box, and that track is quiet.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Greyed out - 04/18/16 12:05 AM
The image below shows another way to achieve what Dave is explaining...

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: dga Re: Greyed out - 04/18/16 02:14 AM
Great info, I was avoiding styles with this problem, now I can add parts w/o problems
© PG Music Forums