PG Music Home
Posted By: thorsak Introduction of BIAB-song NOT played - 04/25/16 12:45 AM
Hi:
Can anyone help with resolving the problem with the introduction in SOME songs which just does NOT like to playback: I searched many settings in my 2006-BIAB and can NOT find the one which would eliminate this issue once for all...!

Also: I found that I can NOT open any BIAB-song by clicking it INSIDE one of my Directories into which I unzipped a file containing many songs - however, the SAME file can be opened when I try to open it from within the BIAB...! Is there any utility within the BIAB which could repair such a problem...?

An advice would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS!
Posted By: dga Re: Introduction of BIAB-song NOT played - 04/25/16 12:54 AM
Have you tried associating BIAB files in windows? Are you on BIAB 2006 or 20016?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Introduction of BIAB-song NOT played - 04/25/16 01:04 AM
Hi thorsak,

BIAB 2006 was the version I first bought and that introduced me to the program. I can't remember it clearly but the introduction worked fine (if I am recalling correctly).

Could you please provide a little more information. Are you using the "Edit | Intro bars" approach to creating an intro?

In relation to the second question....

... under the File menu and then "File Utilities", there's an option near the bottom to "Associate file types with Windows". Click on that and it should fix the problem for you. It probably won't take effect until you restart you computer.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: Introduction of BIAB-song NOT played - 04/25/16 09:56 AM
Another solution to your second problem is to right click on the file then click on open with and select BiaB. Also click on always open with this program or some wording like that. Now anytime that you left click on a BiaB file BiaB will open and play that file.

Good luck
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Introduction of BIAB-song NOT played - 04/25/16 12:51 PM
In addition to all the other advice, if you are using Windows Vista, Win 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, right click on the BiaB icon and select the "open as administrator" option to make sure you have administrator rights.
Posted By: thorsak Re: Introduction of BIAB-song NOT played - 05/30/16 07:36 PM
HI DGA:
Yes - I have the Ver 2006, and I have associated the BIAB-files with my Windows VISTA - it is a very, very strange issue...!
Posted By: thorsak Re: Introduction of BIAB-song NOT played - 05/30/16 07:46 PM
Hi Jim:
Yes, I'm opening almost all files as an Administrator so I can't understand it... These 'problematic songs' are NOT produced by me - I downloaded them from Internet (my play ALWAYS the Introduction).
I even tried to delete these 4-bars 'not-played Introduction', then 'inserted' a new Introduction by using the Edit/'Intro-Bars AutoGenerate' Option at BIAB but all without any success...strange!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Introduction of BIAB-song NOT played - 05/31/16 01:03 PM
Perhaps you can contact the file creators. They may remember what they did for the openings. It maybe a special style was used or something else you do not have for the songs to play correctly.
© PG Music Forums