PG Music Home
Posted By: rallypally Big Lyrics Window - 06/24/16 11:39 PM
Hello

How do I get lyrics to display in the "big lyrics window"?

Can I copy and paste lyrics from a text file into here?

Thanks
Rally
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Big Lyrics Window - 06/25/16 12:05 AM
According to Help:
"If a song has lyrics (or other text) in the Lyric Memo or Lyric Document, these lyrics will show up on the Big Lyrics window, so that they can be seen during playback. If you have lyrics in text format, it is easy to paste them in as a Lead Sheet Memo and see them on the Big Lyrics window as well."

So you should be able to paste/enter them in the Lead Sheet memo.

Attached picture 2016-06-25_12-59-52.jpg
Posted By: rallypally Re: Big Lyrics Window - 06/25/16 08:36 AM
Hi Videotrack

I'm lost...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Big Lyrics Window - 06/25/16 08:54 AM
Originally Posted By: rallypally
Hi Videotrack

I'm lost...

OK, I'll try it. I'll be back
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Big Lyrics Window - 06/25/16 09:51 AM
OK, I'm back.

I'm lost too...

After unsuccessfuly attempting to get Bar Based lyrics in the Big Lyrics windows I turned to the Help Vieo, but found out that the PGM Help video 'Entering Lyrics in Band In a Box' is out of date.

I know that "Note-based lyrics" work in to the Big Lyrics windows, but I wanted to use Bar-based Lyrics.

I was unsuccessful in getting bar-based lyrics to show in the Big Lyrics window

Additionally, I researched Help but what was stated in the BiaB Help didn't work in practice for me.

The Help specifically states: "The text in the Lead Sheet Memo also displays in the Big Lyrics window. If you have lyrics in text format, it is easy to paste them in the memo and then see them on the Big Lyrics window as well."

Well, I have text in the Lead Sheet memo, AND in the Lyric Document Window, and I even have text in the Bar Lyrics layer, but that Big Lyrics Window remains void of lyrics.

This is not an area I ever use, someone else may have the right tips. Sorry, I tried.

My experience was that the word 'easy' should not have been included in the line 'it is easy to paste them in'

Attached picture 2016-06-25_22-40-26.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Big Lyrics Window - 06/29/16 01:40 PM
I've asked a question to the PGM Support team on how to correctly undertake this, so I'll respond here with anything I can find out.
Cheers
Trevor
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Big Lyrics Window - 07/02/16 06:22 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I've asked a question to the PGM Support team on how to correctly undertake this, so I'll respond here with anything I can find out.
Cheers
Trevor

I got a reply back from Support, who stated:

"Bar Based lyrics will not display in the Big Lyrics Window. That feature is for displaying Note-Based Lyrics only. You would have to write a melody line and insert your lyrics note-by-note if you want them to scroll by Karaoke style."

So it seems that the only way (currently) to get lyrics in the Big Lyrics Windows is to have a melody, and enter Note-based lyrics for the melody.
For info
Trev
Posted By: rallypally Re: Big Lyrics Window - 07/03/16 09:55 PM
Ah man..

THanks for all your efforts Videotrack smile
© PG Music Forums