PG Music Home
Posted By: Deacon Thru stopped worlking - 07/03/16 01:40 PM
For some reason I can't hear my thru channel - I'm using the Coyote VST/DXi/snyth...it plays the instruments on other midi channels... and I can hear the keyboard play on the thru channel if I hit record and it will record the keyboard.... However when I stop I can't hear it anymore...

To my knowledge I didn't change any of the midi settings or drivers...and I can hear the keyboard if I switch to another program like Sonar...

I am totally baffled
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Thru stopped worlking - 07/03/16 03:04 PM
I'm assuming you mean you can't hear it during BIAB playback. Also assuming a recent-year version of BIAB, did you expand the bottom of the mixer (right side of screen) to reveal the Audio and Thru channels, and check the volume?
Posted By: Deacon Re: Thru stopped worlking - 07/03/16 07:48 PM
Matt-

I should have said I can't hear it.... When I expand the mixer the vu level moves and then when I put it in piano mode on the mixer, the notes play, but I can;t hear anything....I know there must be a simple fix...but I can't figure it out...

I'm not a newbie I have had BIAB since it came out in the '80's and have very upgrade PG music has put out....
Posted By: rharv Re: Thru stopped worlking - 07/03/16 08:25 PM
Quote:
.. and I can hear the keyboard play on the thru channel if I hit record and it will record the keyboard.... However when I stop I can't hear it anymore...

I think this is expected behavior; BB needs to be running (either play/record) for a softsynth to make sound via the MIDI input. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I think it has always been like this.

Maybe your windows default synth changed (which is what makes the sound outside of BiaB or RB)
Posted By: Deacon Re: Thru stopped worlking - 07/04/16 09:12 AM
Thanks for your response...but that's not true....

I've always been able to hear my keyboard triggering the VST/DXI synth without hitting playback or record....And I was able to do it in BIAB 2016 until last week...Now I do have to hit either playback or record to hear it.

I know I must have hit some dialog box that won't let me hear the thru..... but again I'm at a loss
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Thru stopped worlking - 07/04/16 10:05 AM
Deacon,

Try this and see if it helps. I haven't tested it because I don't have a midi keyboard setup right now.

When I went to MIDI OPTIONS "Help" by following the 1, 2, 3, on the second image, it said...

That would be #4 on the image above.

Let us know how you go.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Deacon Re: Thru stopped worlking - 07/04/16 10:28 AM
Noel-

My dialog box is exactly checked the same way as it is on your screen shot, but no luck...

What is infuriating is that when I expand the mixer I can see the vu meter move on the thru channel....put the mixer in piano dialog and the keys I hit are highlighted....but no sound...

Then if I hit play and solo, the thru channel it plays perfectly and I can hear the channel.

I am at a total loss... I'm assuming I did something to make this happen.... but again, I have no idea what I did or how to fix it.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Thru stopped worlking - 07/04/16 10:55 AM
Deacon,

Have you tried returning to factory settings?

If it were me, I'd save my present setup using the option under the Options menu. Then I'd run the bottom option of return to factory settings which sets everything back to how the program is set from PG Music.

If that doesn't work, then I'd load my previous settings back in.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Thru stopped worlking - 07/04/16 12:32 PM
Deacon,

Before you return to factory settings, go to the control panel or click on the speaker icon to check your Windows playback audio mixer settings. Something may have muted or a volume level fader may have moved to the 0 position. That mixer seems to have a mind of its own.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Thru stopped worlking - 07/04/16 06:22 PM
Try going to Options | MIDI/Audio Driver Setup, then click on the Audio settings button. In the Audio Settings dialog, if you have ASIO drivers selected as your Audio Driver Type, click on the Audio Drivers button, and make sure that the 'ASIO Always On' checkbox is checked.
© PG Music Forums