PG Music Home
Posted By: johnnyzell Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/14/16 01:50 PM
Once in awhile, a chord will not play with the right BASS note . . . say Eb! I've found I can enter it Gm/Eb. It makes it a Eb major 7th which is usually OK, (diminish would make it a 7th etc.) but at least the BASS note is always right!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/14/16 01:59 PM
OK, but that should not need to be done.

As I'm sure you know, the bass does not always play the root, but it sounds like you are saying it simply won't play the root. If you find a chord where this always happens, you should report it to PG Music Support, and include the information of which RealTrack(s) played it. It may be a simple fix for them to make on one particular RealTrack.

Can you give us that info, so we can verify it?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/14/16 06:50 PM
Johnny, what happens if you select Edit menu > Chords > Jazz-Down the Chords... ?

Does that make any difference?
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/15/16 04:12 PM
OK! It's _jazzfred sty. The style before it was _j085-bd.sty, It was happening all the time. And the note it was picking was not only not the root, but a note that wasn't even in the chord. The next chord on beat 3 was perfect. Also, this was happening after a bar of tempo change along with a key change.

I only mentioned the fix as a "work around" . . . I knew it wasn't right for it to happen, but I was "on the clock" and had to expedite the chart.

Thanks and if you need more info, I'll be glad to oblige!

JZ
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/15/16 04:13 PM
Thanks VIDEO TRACK! Great suggestion. I'll try that too.

JZ
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/15/16 04:20 PM
Johnny, the "right after the key change" and maybe the tempo or style changes - who knows - is the kind of thing that could be unique in your song, and why we never discovered this before. It sounds like a bug from your description, but let's check. Can you put the song in a public Dropbox and post the link?
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/15/16 04:34 PM
Yes, but you're a little "over my head" with DROPBOX! I've heard of it but never used one, Matt. What do I do to get the song to a Dropbox?

JZ
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/15/16 06:37 PM
Open a free account with Dropbox and save a file to your Public area, and get the link they will give you.

Or, upload the song any way you know how to the Internet, and put a link to it here.

Or, send me a PM with your email address. I will send you mine, you can email the song to me as an attachment, and I will post it if I don't see the problem right away.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/17/16 07:05 PM
I'm out the door to an unexpected gig, but as promised, here is JohnnyZell's song, and an MP3 he sent.

mattfinley.com/promos/folks.mgu
mattfinley.com/promos/folks.mp3

Johnny, maybe you can give us some specific direction what to look/listen for?
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/17/16 11:23 PM
Yes, at bar 80, we'll notice that instead of the usual Ebmaj7 chord that goes there, I had to replace it with the Gm/Eb in order for the 1rst beat to always have the "root" Eb! Before I changed it, the bass note would consistently play a Gb in the bass (for some yet, to be discovered reason).

Thanks family . . . . Interesting huh! JZ
Posted By: lambada Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/18/16 02:46 AM
Dropbox is sweet. I keep my biab songs in it. It keeps them all updated across my tablet and PC. Also I keep mp3 and wave backing tracks on it. The backing tracks can then easily be downloaded onto mobile phones etc for live work. We also used to use it for sharing video, mp3s and PDFs between choir members. Really great free software.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/18/16 04:33 AM
Johnny,

Every once in a while, a chord appears in a song generation that does not seem to be mapped correctly against the original artist's recording.

When this happens, I freeze all the tracks and send the MGU/SGU file to PG Support. In my email, I always let them know what bar(s) to listen to and I point out that I'm sending the file because the issue regularly occurs and it seems like it might be a Realtrack mapping problem.

I wonder if that's what's happening here.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/21/16 10:15 PM
Thank you, Noel96. And support is working on this right now.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/21/16 10:38 PM
Good.
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: Chord problem FIXED!! - 07/22/16 03:32 AM
This sounds good, Lambada! I've been looking for something like it. Thank you very much!

JZ
© PG Music Forums