PG Music Home
Now you can create new and exciting arrangments using professionally mixed RealStyles! We've been working hard, and have created 164 new RealStyles that we've split up into Jazz, Country, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter! These new Add-ons require the Band-in-a-Box 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

Right now, purchase all 164 RealStyles for the introductory price of only $29! Interested in a specific genre? We've split them up, and they are available for $15 each.

Plus, since a handful of these new RealStyles utilize RealTracks from the 2016 49-PAK, we're offering a special purchase option: the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle for $49!

Visit www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win to listen to demos, watch the videos, or to purchase your Xtra Styles today!

*Special pricing available until August 31, 2016
Purchased:-)
Great - I hope you love these as much as I do!!

Let us know what you think, and share a link to a song if you'd like - we'd all love to hear what everyone creates with these new RealStyles!

-Callie
this needs to be front page news.. I almost missed it!

By the way.. I think a mid-year release of styles is an awesome marketing idea! Whereas the mid year release of a dot-5 program version probably undermined sales of the next upgrade, this is a slam dunk... especially since styles that are released separately probably won't be included in the next program release, so the only way to get them us by buying now!

Whoever thought up this idea should get a bonus. ;-)

PS... THANK YOU for including PAYPAL as one of the payment options!
Yep, I bought it too!
Just a quick note: The styles' main page you've linked above states which build of the Windows version is needed for these styles but (as so often happens) neglects to do the same for the Mac end (which, for your convenience, is build 132).

Edit: I just noticed the page in question seems to be categorised quite decisively within the Windows section, so perhaps there's a designated Mac equivalent on the horizon and I've just jumped the gun a bit(?), in which case all is well cool
Hi Icelander!

That's right - I linked this post to our Windows page. The Mac forum notification link will send the reader to the Mac page http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

Thanks!
Callie
Then it's like I said - All's well cool

(Well, actually it's not, but that's a discussion for the other thread...)
I want to especially thank Kent for his last minute order for me.
Very polite, very helpful.
Got my PG music account up to date on my end.

Also after spending a lot of time with other stuff.....

Listen to some of the demo's..
What a treat...and fish hook that was...LOL

Now a proud owner with the rest of you folks.

Thank you Kent.
Quote:
These new Add-ons require the Band-in-a-Box 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

Just to clarify; am I unable to purchase these Xtra Styles PAKs as I originally purchased the EverythingPAK 2015 and then upgraded it with PlusPAK Upgrade 2016? Or does my original EverythingPAK purchase make me eligible for these Xtra Styles?

Thanks
Rec

EDIT never mind, read John's answer below.
If you had the 2015 Everything Pak, and then purchased all the new 2016 RTs with the 2016 Plus Pak, then you effectively have the 2016 Everything Pak, so the XtraStyles should work fine for you.
Yes, just get the latest build of 2016.
That's a relief! laugh

Thanks Guys
What a great summertime surprise! I'm about to hit the accelerator on my 2016 SurfChords album and the timing could not be more perfect. I'm placing my order right away. Thank you.
Hi, I'm new to these forums, but have been using BIAB for a while.

While downloading the latest update, I decided to buy the 'All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle'.

I have the 2016 Pro Version of BIAB.

Some of the new RealStyles come up with some of the tracks saying N/A, and these tracks do not play.

Am I doing something wrong, and if so, what?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Originally Posted By: Vincent7344
Hi, I'm new to these forums, but have been using BIAB for a while.

While downloading the latest update, I decided to buy the 'All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle'.

I have the 2016 Pro Version of BIAB.

Some of the new RealStyles come up with some of the tracks saying N/A, and these tracks do not play.

Am I doing something wrong, and if so, what?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

These new Add-ons require the Band-in-a-Box 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

You have the 2016 Pro Version of BIAB. The package you purchased does not have all of the RealTracks the Xtra Styles use.

You should contact PGMusic Sales to discuss your options.
Posted By: earl kirby ok totally confused - 08/10/16 02:21 PM
You say it 164 new real styles. You don't say its 164 new real tracks. You say you are using real tracks in 2016 BIAB OK, so why can't I just rearrange my real tracks to come up with my own combinations? Why would I want this? Are there actually new real tracks in the package and if so, how many?
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: ok totally confused - 08/10/16 02:27 PM
Hi Earl,

These aren't new RealTracks, they're RealStyles that our development team spent time creating which utilize the RealTracks & RealDrums in the Band-in-a-Box 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, Audiophile Edition, and a handful from the 2016 49-PAK.

Yes, you could make these on your own - it would take approx 300 hours (from what I have been told). We've just done the work for you! (There are some very creative combinations that we've come up with...)

Matt Finley had noted this in a different forum thread, when he stated:
You can do this yourself, yes. But I would encourage you to preview the combinations PG Music has created by watching the video. I found some excellent combinations I would never have thought to try, much less put in the time to discover. The price is quite modest for what I consider a helpful service.

You can read through that complete thread here, if you're interested: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=359418

Thanks,
Callie
Posted By: earl kirby Re: ok totally confused - 08/10/16 02:39 PM
Thanks sforthe quick reply. Now how do I check to see which pac I've got. I think its the everything pak but not sure.
Hi Earl,

There are a few ways to find out which package you have with us. You could look at your last order confirmation email, check out your shopping cart account with us (if you've placed an order online), or give our sales line a call and inquire.

I took a look at your order history, and you appear to have the 2016 UltraPlusPAK & 49-PAK, so you're good!

For anyone else reading this, if you know you have a 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition, but aren't sure if you have the 49-PAK - just look for the file _SANFRAN.STY in your main bb folder. (The presence of this file indicates you have the 49-PAK.)

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Callie
Earl, another way is to go to Options menu, What Add-ons Do I Have.

Callie, thanks for finding my answer and saving me to time to quote that thread!
OK, PG got me again!! What the heck, this time it was only $29.00! I can't stand thinking I migh have something missing in my collection of styles and tracks!. Now how do I know I'v got it installed?

ABTW, thanks Callie for checking my account. One more example of PG's customer service going beyond what is expected!

Earl
Callie,

I bought them and wow, they are awesome!!!!!!!!

I just posted a new tune on the forum called Sanctuary using the Anchor Style in Singer Songwriter.

Check it out.

It must have been the recent view of PG Music World headquarters rising majestically above the clouds across the mountain range to the Canadian Border than inspired me. I have no other explanation.

smile
That's definitely a bargain!
Just purchased them and they sound great.

Rob
I understood that I might not be able to use all the Xtra styles.

What I didn't understand was that I can't use all the RealStyles in the BonusPak.

If this is the case then I am a little miffed, having paid for something I can't use. I do accept some blame for not fully reading through it all before buying, but selling something that it's not possible for me to use should also attract some blame.

Ah well, I shall scrutinise everything if there is a next time.
No need to be miffed. The Bonus Pak is "24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 3 Artist Video Performances, 11 MIDI SuperTracks, and 19 Instrumental Studies. " so you have increased your collection of RealTracks and midi SuperTracks.

That alone is a $49 value you have for $29. These bonus RealTracks and midi Supertracks will work with any style or any project you create with BIAB/RB. They are additional instruments and add to the total number of available instruments in BIAB/RB.

The Xtra Styles are also useable to you with what you have. They will be modified from the original due to the specific track that wasn't included in the package you purchased but any track in an Xtra Style with N/A, just replace it with any instrument that you do have that fits within the syle. If you play an instrument, you can also replace a missing RealTrack with your own live recording or a midi instrument. You still have options.

If you are still upset or dissatisfied, contact PGMusic sales and discuss your options.
Thank you for the reply.

It seems that I am doing something wrong then.

The RealStyles from the BonusPak are coming up with some some of the tracks listed as N/A.

All my BIAB files are in the default directories, so I'm not sure what is going on.
You're not doing anything wrong. You just ended up with some styles without the appropriate RealTracks included. I can't speak for PGMusic but I recommend you contact sales and speak with someone who can speak for them. They may agree to a refund.
Hi Vincent,

We included a note on http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php stating that the 164 RealStyles included in the Xtra Styles PAKs require the RealTracks & RealDrums from the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition. Our records indicate that you have the the 2016 Pro version. Unfortunately, there are no compatible RealTracks or RealDrums within that package that will work with these new RealStyles.

You could choose to upgrade your 2016 Pro to an UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK if you'd like. We can even apply the $69 spent on your Pro purchase to this upgrade. Just give our sales line a call (Int'l toll free: 800-4746-874) or pop in to the Live Help on our website and a Sales Representative will happily process this request. Even better - during the month of August the 164 RealStyles within the Xtra Styles PAKs are included in every purchase of these larger packages, so we can apply the money spent on your Xtra Styles purchase to this request also!
(Our available hours list here: http://www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm)

If you'd rather not upgrade at this time, we can offer you a refund for your Xtra Styles purchase. Just reply to the email confirmation you'd received with that order and make that request. (again, a sales representative will be able to process this for you - just include a link to this forum thread to avoid any confusion.)

Thanks,
Callie
I'm surprised there wasn't two prices: one to just obtain the XTRA RealStyles (since you already have the requisite RealTracks referenced by those styles) and another that bundles in the 164 RealTracks used by those XTRA RealStyles.
Hi John,

According to our Development team, each new RealStyles is created by combining up to 7 different RealTracks or RealDrums. With that in mind, there are a lot more than just 164 RealTracks/RealDrums being used.

~Callie
Sorry, I misread that from your earlier post.

In which case the best way to get the tracks for the xtra styles probably would be to just buy the Ultra or Everything Pak.
That's right John! If someone wants to purchase the Xtra Styles PAK, but they don't have a 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition... we're adding all the 164 RealStyles included in the Xtra Styles PAKs to all purchases of these packages during the month of August.
Thank you everyone for the help.

I shall consider my options.
Here is a link to listen to the new Xtra Styles PAK 1 Video and Audio Demos!

http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Be sure to check out the new Singer/Songwriter Video Demo. There are some great new Styles to work with!

Pauline
PG Music Team
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
That's right John! If someone wants to purchase the Xtra Styles PAK, but they don't have a 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition... we're adding all the 164 RealStyles included in the Xtra Styles PAKs to all purchases of these packages during the month of August.

Hi Callie, let me get this straight: I've upgraded from a 2014 UltraPak to a 2016 MegaPak. If I purchase the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK, do I get the missing Real Tracks that would allow me to use all the new Xtra Styles? And if not, is it contemplated some kind of upgrade path to cases like mine, which I don't think it's the only one?

Inquiring minds would like to know. wink
Posted By: CarlosEArellano Re: ok totally confused - 08/14/16 11:45 AM
Hi Earl,

"...you could make these on your own - it would take approx 300 hours (from what I have been told). We've just done the work for you! (There are some very creative combinations that we've come up with...)"

"..Matt Finley had noted this in a different forum thread, when he stated:
You can do this yourself, yes. But I would encourage you to preview the combinations PG Music has created by watching the video. I found some excellent combinations I would never have thought to try, much less put in the time to discover. The price is quite modest for what I consider a helpful service.."

Callie

The New Xtra Styles for Band-in-a-Box® 2016 makes available excellent and very fresh alternatives to create songs with an amazing musical result. As guitar player, composer, arranger and song author myself, the xtra styles have given me great sounding options. I create my custom styles, and can attest it requiere invest many hours to achieve satisfactory results, a near to pro musical approach is required IHMO, but this style collection made it easy and with the bundled 2016 49-PAK is a bargain!

Seriously impressed with these Xtra Styles! Thanks PG.
Quote:
Hi Callie, let me get this straight: I've upgraded from a 2014 UltraPak to a 2016 MegaPak. If I purchase the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK, do I get the missing Real Tracks that would allow me to use all the new Xtra Styles? And if not, is it contemplated some kind of upgrade path to cases like mine, which I don't think it's the only one?

As I understand Callie, to be able to use all the new RealStyles, you would need to have a complete package of RealTracks (meaning either the UltraPlusPak or the EverythingPak). The 49 pack is included right now with the RealStyles for those that didn't get it when they originally purchased the 2016 upgrade (to UltraaPlus or Everything).

But, if you upgrade your Mega to Ultra or Everything with the 49-pak (even though they are not on sale right now as they are in December), you also get the XTRA RealStyles included (so you don't have to buy that separately), if you buy this month.

But you won't have the required RealTracks to use the XTRA RealStyles with just the MegaPak.
LtKojak,

The MegaPAK does not have any of the RealTracks or RealDrums used with these new RealStyles, which means purchasing the Xtra Styles PAK with the 49-PAK will not give you everything you need. Give our sales line a call, and they can work out a purchase that will allow you to adjust your MegaPAK to the larger UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.
http://www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Thanks,
Callie
Posted By: Danny C. Re: ok totally confused - 08/23/16 04:31 PM
Callie,

Been out of the loop a bit due to the flooding event here is S. Louisiana and was wondering if these styles are available on DVD or just download?

PS: Sorry if this question was answered already and I missed it.

Thanks,
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: ok totally confused - 08/23/16 04:33 PM
Hi Danny,

This can be downloaded, but you can also choose to have the DVD shipped.

Thanks,
Callie
Hi forum posters,
very new Aussie here....old but still trying to keep up.
I am about to purchase my first BiaB and looking at the standard Pro version. My needs are to create 50's/60's backing tracks from basic Country (Marty Robbins/Merle Haggard) Pop (CCR, Eagles, Cliff Richards) Jazz (Sinatra/Dean Martin/Ella) and my general gigs are Old Folks homes and hospitals.. so a captive audience smile
Thankfully I don't have to make a living out of it but still love playing guitar and singing. Currently I just rock in with guitar and mike but recently have been getting drum tracks from Garage Band but then a bass line even sounds better but hard on GB.
I have plenty of time to spend on "making music" but don't want to spend a year learning the software and punching in every drum stroke.
I haven't the gear to play/convert midi unless something has changed over the past years.
So my question is your opinion, taking in my scenario, is the Pro version all I need. I have noticed the option to purchase the "xtra style" packs but in the fine print am I correct in assuming you have to have a higher version than the Pro to be able to play these.
Hope I'm on the right forum here...any answers much appreciated.
Wish, welcome aboard from another downunder (great part of the world, eh? shhhh, don't let the others know wink )

My understanding is that the Xtra Styles use RealTracks from the BiaB 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition, and require Build 437 or higher. So you need one of those packs to get the functionality.

However, don't be afraid to start at that level, the features offered from the UltraPlusPAK upwards are really worthwhile.

Hope this helps

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Trev
wish I bought pro a few months ago and then bought the new styles they were no good to me...biab when I pointed out My mistake refunded me ..think I need to go for ultra....?
Originally Posted By: colly
wish I bought pro a few months ago and then bought the new styles they were no good to me...biab when I pointed out My mistake refunded me ..think I need to go for ultra....?

Good advice colly. I perhaps suppose that the real basic packs are just to get you interested. Like most things in life - more is better. Start at a reasonable level and you won't be disappointed.
Thanks very much for your replies, nice to know there are Aussies using the forum.
So now my desicion is how much I need out of the product and I would suggest it's going to be at a lower starting point based on cost as have no idea whether this is going to work for me. Appreciate your comments.
wish

I bought the pro pak the starting point it gives you the opportunity to get going with biab .
The midi files are your best bet I play around with the real sounds but mostly midi ...just now I do exactly what you want to do ...I recommend coyote forte 40 dollars but it is a lot better than the vsti you get with biab ..really better .so pro pak the cheapest and coyote forte you will then be able to do the things you want......
Hi Wish,

The Pro version is a great place to start! If you find you want more RealTracks (and other Add-ons) and decide to purchase a larger 2016 package, just contact our sales team and they can help you find the right purchase for you.

Enjoy!

Thanks,
Callie
Thanks again and an update via email from the PG guys stating (as it may have in previous posts on this thread) that if I purchase the extra styles and Pak 1 with the 49 Pak for $49 that it will work on all 2016 editions. AS LONG AS IT INCLUDED THE 49 Pak its sweet.
Thanks Colly, Ive been in the dark with midi so I will look at your suggestion which presumably converts those horrible sounds into music. Wish I had known about them a few years ago, last time I looked the PC had to have an expensive sound card or had to buy some hardware.
Great friendly forum folk, thanks and I hope I can bother you numerous times in the future.
Hmmm. confused after reading this complete thread.
My email reads -
Hello Don,
The Xtra styles will work on all editions of Band-in-a-Box as long as you have the 49Pak installed. During our sale you can purchase both the 49pak and the Xtra styles pack for $49.00US seen here:
Windows: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win
Mac: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac
Cheers,
Joe
PG Music Inc.
BUT IN THIS THREAD PG MUSIC COMMENTS -
LtKojak,
The MegaPAK does not have any of the RealTracks or RealDrums used with these new RealStyles, which means purchasing the Xtra Styles PAK with the 49-PAK will not give you everything you need. Give our sales line a call, and they can work out a purchase that will allow you to adjust your MegaPAK to the larger UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.
Thanks,
Callie

DEFINITELY CONFUSED....or is it just cause we are from downunder.
Originally Posted By: wish
Hmmm. confused after reading this complete thread.
My email reads -
Hello Don,
The Xtra styles will work on all editions of Band-in-a-Box as long as you have the 49Pak installed. During our sale you can purchase both the 49pak and the Xtra styles pack for $49.00US seen here:
Windows: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win
Mac: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac
Cheers,
Joe
PG Music Inc.
BUT IN THIS THREAD PG MUSIC COMMENTS -
LtKojak,
Thanks,
Callie

DEFINITELY CONFUSED....or is it just cause we are from downunder.

Maybe disambiguation helps?

Edition: 2016, 2015, 2014, ... (I wouldn't go beyond 2012 (?), before then RealTracks had more files for the sam result. IIRC 2009 was the first edition that could address RealTracks.)

PAK: Pro, Mega, Ultra (These say what add-ons you do/should at least have.
Dictionary definition -
Disambiguation refers to the removal of ambiguity by making something clear. Disambiguation narrows down the meaning of words and it's a good thing. This word makes sense if you break it down. Dis means "not," ambiguous means "unclear," and the ending -tion makes it a noun.

Yep !!
Hi Wish,

I'm sorry about the misinformation on our part! The 164 RealStyles in the Xtra Styles PAKs were created with the RealTracks and RealDrums included in every UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, and Audiophile Edition. A handful of these also use the RealTracks and RealDrums in the 49-PAK.

So, if you have the 2016 Pro or MegaPAK package right now, you could choose to upgrade to the UltraPlusPAK for $279, which already includes the 49-PAK - plus we've added the Xtra Styles PAK installation to all purchases of this package during our Special (which ends August 31st).

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

I hope this clears things up for you!

Thanks,
Callie
Thanks Callie,
Definitely clear on the situation now and have recieved an updated email to confirm that.
As you may have read I'm about to buy my first BiaB which unfortunately won't be one of those packages but I'm sure I'll enjoy the journey at a starting level.
Cheers
if you have the 2016 MegaPAK package right now, you could choose to upgrade to the UltraPlusPAK for $279, which already includes the 49-PAK - plus we've added the Xtra Styles PAK installation to all purchases of this package during our Special (which ends August 31st).

I have the 2016 Megapak, so in my case, the only things missing to be able to fully operate the Xtra styles pack + 49pak are the Real Tracks Sets 228-253.

I was expecting something like $ 99.00 for the 49pak and the Xtra styles pack plus the missing 228-253 Real Tracks Sets as an special offer; asking for $ 279.00 is way too much, as what you're actually asking is to buy AGAIN the program you already have to have a gift worth $ 29.00?

Thanks, but no thanks. Sorry!
It is a bummer that the great Mac crowd gets left out of the really cool stuff....not! laugh cool
I felt that Seeker had a corner on the "Xtra" Styles until I bought this set... wink ..4 songs down & working on an entry into the contest already........

Folks, if you have the ability to use this pack, then grab it, I have been thru them all 2 times and I have not found a dud yet! shocked

And for the cost you get a free bonus lesson in using styles that you would not have thought of placing together...outstanding!

Thanks PGMusic! cool
© PG Music Forums