PG Music Home
Posted By: pax-eterna How do you get a totally new setup? - 08/06/16 05:36 PM
I want a completely clean slate to start a song, but even when I click on new, whatever RT/MIDI tracks are selected in the Mixer Window (top right) stay there. Is there a way to select New, and have those cleared as well?

Thanks

edit: Oh and when I ask BIAB to erase the real track, nothing happens - it just stays there...hence the need for the "New" question above. I mean , if BIAB actually removed the RT's there'd be no need.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: How do you get a totally new setup? - 08/06/16 05:42 PM
Without details this is just a guess, but you probably have a style loaded, and the style loads that RealTrack. You could try removing the RealTrack and saving the style as a new name.
Posted By: jford Re: How do you get a totally new setup? - 08/06/16 05:46 PM
What shows up is whatever style is loaded. Just choose an appropriate style for the song you are working on.
Posted By: pax-eterna Re: How do you get a totally new setup? - 08/06/16 06:16 PM
Thanks, but what I am after is building a song without first needing to choose a style. I want to enter my chords and then select RTs from the RT Picker dialogue with no pre-determined style,if that makes sense?

@Matt...yes exactly, but I don't want the previous RTs already loaded and the previous style already loaded (from the last song worked on) to be present. In other words a totalyl clean slate, sorry if I am not explaining it very well.

I found a "At Program Boot-Up" option (Don't open song or style) that does indeed give a clean slate (sorta, as there are still RDs loaded), but I cannot get it to do this from the New Song command.
In Stylepicker, go to the bottom of the window to the "More" selection and from that window select "Utility".

There are several blank templates available as well as many other interesting ones to try.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: How do you get a totally new setup? - 08/07/16 06:48 AM
I have never put the "last loaded style" in question. The slate for me is clean enough when I open BIAB and the style loads. I do know that I can change that style within a couple of seconds.

I also do know that this style doesn't do anything besides showing me that it is there. Only if I hit "Play" it springs into action. But I can choose another one before I do that. smile
Posted By: CountryTrash Re: How do you get a totally new setup? - 08/07/16 08:49 AM
I would store a few basic simple styles as Favourites that you want start with and when you create an new song set it to the "startup" style

e.g.
a Simple Waltz
a Simple Country Swing
etc
Posted By: pax-eterna Re: How do you get a totally new setup? - 08/07/16 01:43 PM
Thanks guys for the replies.
Posted By: pax-eterna Re: How do you get a totally new setup? - 08/07/16 02:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
In Stylepicker, go to the bottom of the window to the "More" selection and from that window select "Utility".

There are several blank templates available as well as many other interesting ones to try.

Thanks, but I cannot see a More option anywhere. I cna find more under the category button, but no specific More tab or Utility, sorry.
You are correct.

Open Stylepicker
Select Catagory

From that window

Near the bottom of the window is a catagory

----Other----

Select More from the Other Catagory

From that window 'More' Select 'Utility'

My Utility folder has 88 styles including Blank Templates

Attached picture Blank.JPG
Posted By: pax-eterna Re: How do you get a totally new setup? - 08/07/16 03:15 PM
ahhh, coolio! Thank you
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: How do you get a totally new setup? - 08/07/16 06:07 PM
Thanks Charlie! I did this and now get a blank style to start with!!

But, I have a question. When I do this why does BIAB show most tracks as blank, one track (Bass) as "Instrument: 0 < No Patch Change >" and one track (Drums) as "Instrument: 1 Standard Drum Kit"?

Shouldn't they all be blank? These little inconsistencies really add up to making it more confusing than it should be! smile
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Thanks Charlie! I did this and now get a blank style to start with!!

But, I have a question. When I do this why does BIAB show most tracks as blank, one track (Bass) as "Instrument: 0 < No Patch Change >" and one track (Drums) as "Instrument: 1 Standard Drum Kit"?

Shouldn't they all be blank? These little inconsistencies really add up to making it more confusing than it should be! smile

I don't know the answer but assume this is as close to 'blank' as BIAB can give us.
© PG Music Forums