PG Music Home
Posted By: Andy A - USA Wonky... - 08/23/16 12:16 AM
Ok, something weird has occurred. I'm not a techie, so be gentle. Out of the blue I was not able to launch BIAB (2016). I rebooted, shut down the CPU for while, still wouldn't load. I found a suggestion to remove or rename the intrface file. That did work and BIAB loaded.

But now it's wonky. Sometimes it won't locate RealTracks and sometimes will. It takes 10-20 minutes to regenerate. ALL my lyrics no longer appear. And I get the error message that no bass/snare/etc drum is assigned to the default kit.

I did the factory reset, and that fixed the locating RealTracks issue, but nothing else.

So, is it ever time to just uninstall/reinstall the program?
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Wonky... - 08/23/16 05:26 AM
We need a little more information. But one thing is for sure: You should never need to uninstall/reinstall the program. BIAB runs in a "world of its own" since it does not register with Windows.

Is it only BIAB?
Are other programs affected?
Which operating system?
Which harddrive?

Maybe more questions arise after the answers.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Wonky... - 08/23/16 06:20 AM
Also...

Are you running BIAB from hard disk installation or a USB drive?

What antivirus software are you using?

Have you tried right-clicking on the BIAB shortcut and setting its properties so that it runs in Administrator mode?

Lastly... There are actually two files that need to be renamed or removed to return BIAB to factory settings. These are the one you mention, "intrface.bbw", and "mysetup.dk"

Posted By: Andy A - USA Re: Wonky... - 08/23/16 03:51 PM
Thanks, guys. Noel, deleting (I renamed it) mysetup seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

My lyrics on the Chord Sheet are missing on all songs now. Any suggestions? Probably something simple. I cannot select a lyric cell in the rows. It took me forever to get lyrics in them to begin with.

(I'm running MS Defender for virus/malware)

(GH, in case this is helpful, and thank you.)
Is it only BIAB? Yes.
Are other programs affected? No.
Which operating system? Windows 8.1
Which hard drive? My main C. BB has it's own file/directory. I have not changed anything.

All BB is installed on my hard drive (not on the external/usb memory unit).
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Wonky... - 08/23/16 04:02 PM
Paco,

Glad to read that deleting mysetup.dk helped.

In relation to lyrics...

Sounds like you might need to activate the bar lyrics display. Follow the 1, 2, 3 on the image below and see if this helps.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: jford Re: Wonky... - 08/23/16 04:05 PM
As long as you didn't save the file back to the hard drive after the lyrics didn't appear, they should be there. BIAB doesn't overwrite your song files unless you tell them to.

Here's what I would do. I would reboot the computer, delete those two files again (both at the same time - make sure BIAB isn't open at the time). Then launch BIAB and select your ports when it asks you for them, then exit BIAB. I would then re-install the latest patch (just to be sure). Right click on the BIAB icon and make sure it is set to "run as administrator" (on the compatibility tab), then re-launch BIAB. Go to the RealTracks settings and make sure the location for RealTracks is set correctly; likewise for RealDrums. Then open Stylepicker and rebuild the stylepicker.

Hit play on the blank chord grid just to make sure everything plays correctly (it will just play the C chord in whatever style is currently displayed).

Then, I would open one of my song files to see if you can access the lyrics.

Sounds like a lot, but it should take you all of about 2-3 minutes to do the above.

Then report back as to what you got. If it still doesn't work, perhaps post one of your song files that you know has lyrics so we can take a look at it in our environment.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Wonky... - 08/23/16 05:56 PM
I've had to delete those two files a couple of times. It's kind-of funny with such a sophisticated program. Sort-of like standing on one foot whilst pressing "Esc." - that does the trick! grin

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Andy A - USA Re: Wonky... - 08/23/16 06:33 PM
I'M LYRIC RICH! Chord display/layers reverted to Off somehow. I think all is good with the world right now.

It's back to loading and regenerating like lightning.

Guys, I can't thank you enough.
Posted By: jford Re: Wonky... - 08/23/16 07:50 PM
I'm glad you got it working.
Posted By: Andy A - USA Re: Wonky... - 08/23/16 11:03 PM
Many thanks to you, John, for taking the time to make such a lengthy recipe for corrections. I've captured it and put it in my Troubleshooting file. It will come in handy some day. Maybe tomorrow! smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Wonky... - 08/24/16 02:06 AM
Paco,

Now that you have everything working well, I suggest that you go to the 'Options' menu and save your preferences. Then if anything goes wrong in the future, loading the saved file might resolve the issue.

Glad you're up and running again!
Noel
Posted By: Andy A - USA Re: Wonky... - 08/24/16 08:54 PM
GREAT suggestion!
© PG Music Forums