PG Music Home
Posted By: deanesque HQ SampleTank instruments for drums? - 08/23/16 06:20 PM
Who do you make your drum track play HQ samples from SampleTank? I see you can do it for the other instruments but it's not on the right-click menu for drums.

Thanks!
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: HQ SampleTank instruments for drums? - 08/23/16 07:06 PM
Never even noticed that before, and there are TWO (2) HQ kits provided by PG - so not sure??

I was about to say since BIAB has Real Drums no real need for HQ drum kits but that's not an answer that's just an opinion.

I'm still playing with it but I don't see how to use or force one of the HQ kits on the DRUM track as a MIDI kit (yet)

I am sure IF there is a way, one of the actual expert users here will jump in shortly

Larry
Posted By: jford Re: HQ SampleTank instruments for drums? - 08/23/16 07:44 PM
Hmmmm, it makes me wonder if one of the PGMusic provided styles uses those HQ drums; if so, it might be worthwhile to load the style and see how it is configured. Just a thought.

If I have time, I'll take a look at it later tonight.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: HQ SampleTank instruments for drums? - 08/23/16 08:10 PM
Dean,

Here is how I set the Sampletank drums to play.

1. The drums on the Drum track, need to be midi. By default, BIAB automatically substitutes Realdrums for midi drums. If you right-click on the drum track, one of the options in the pop-up menu is to force the track to midi drums. (Note: If you are using a Realstyle, there may or may not be underlying midi drums. If there is not, it will be necessary to load midi drums onto the Drum track.)

As you can see above, the name of the Drum track will be written in yellow when midi drums are present (green writing indicates Realdrums are present).

2. Enter into the VST plugins and put Sampletank on the Drum track (#1 - #4 on the image below).

3. Load one of the Sample drum kits onto Channel 10 (as shown by #5 on image above).

4. Exit the VST plugins window and generate song.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: HQ SampleTank instruments for drums? - 08/23/16 10:00 PM
Noel

That's not the issue. Yes you can put Sampletank 2 (or 3 or AD or eZdummer, or..) in the Drum instrument/track VSTi slot and if it IS ST2 then you can ALSO load in that PG provided Hi-Q set (or ANY ST 2 set)

so that's just "normal" how to

the question was essentially while all other instruments/tracks have "Select Hi-Q MIDI Synth Patch []" as a selection item how come ONLY the drum track/instrument does not -

Yes even after you "Force Drums Track to MIDI drums" that option is missing.

Again not world ending (for me) since there are only two Hi-Q drum kits anyway but that was Dean's original question.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: HQ SampleTank instruments for drums? - 08/23/16 10:29 PM
Hi Larry,

Thanks for pointing that out. I see where you are coming from. I read the question differently and interpreted it at being "how do I do this given that it's not available as a right-click option".

I won't delete my above post because maybe someone will find it useful.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: HQ SampleTank instruments for drums? - 08/24/16 04:31 PM
Noel

MY apologies, I re-read my post it came off as "harsh" not intended to

You are truly one of the really good folks here who ALWAYS has help and great suggestions for others

Larry
Posted By: Noel96 Re: HQ SampleTank instruments for drums? - 08/24/16 06:04 PM
Larry,

I didn't interpret your post as harsh at all. I only wish I knew 1/10th of the what you know about midi. From where I sit, you're a guru of the highest calibre (Aussie spelling)!

Regards,
Noel
Hi Guys,

I can see how a right-click option for a Hi-Q drum kit would be useful, and will make sure this gets passed along.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: HQ SampleTank instruments for drums? - 08/24/16 10:25 PM
Thanks Kent
Posted By: deanesque Re: HQ SampleTank instruments for drums? - 09/20/16 11:56 PM
I'm the OP. I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughtful help. I got it to work!
Thanks again!
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: HQ SampleTank instruments for drums? - 11/05/16 03:36 PM
Any update on this?

Bob
© PG Music Forums