PG Music Home
Hello,

I recently started using BIAB 2016 EverythingPak, and I'm hoping there are a couple advanced users that can help point me in the right direction and save me a bit of time in trying to setup play-along tracks. I'm a bass player and I'm wanting to put together some basic piano and drums play-along tracks to use for practicing jazz bass lines and soloing. I was hoping someone could suggest a good jazz style along with the appropriate piano and drums real tracks that I can use. I'm looking for something that is pretty basic so that I'm not distracted while improvising mostly over a standard 12-bar jazz blues in every key. In other words, just basic time keeping via the real drums and nice chordal accompaniment via a real piano track. Any advice someone might have in order to point me in the right direction and help me narrow down the many options would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your assistance.
Welcome to the forum Bassically. Why not try out the new Stylepicker to narrow your choices. Using the filters, you can search for a particular song or artist.

You can narrow the search results to only the Jazz genre and search the genre for songs with piano.

You can quickly audition the song styles by hitting the green play button in the lower right corner.

Find a style you like and select the load demo button and that demo song will open for you can play along with the song.
In the mixer window on the main screen you can mute the bass and any other tracks you don't want to hear.

Hope this helps.

Charlie
Compliment:

Nice job Charlie in these tips. That should help him in out a lot.

DE
Welcome aboard also Bassically (great name BTW).

Charlie has sure set you on the right path.

Start with the Stylepicker. Don't be afraid to shout out if you need help along the way. There are lots of users here, all willing to help each other.

Trev
Hello Charlie,

Many thanks for your recommendations. I actually followed that same advice a couple weeks ago after watching a few good online video tutorials. That process narrows the options down from hundreds of combinations to just dozens. I guess what I'm really looking for are recommendations from users who might be doing something similar to me to learn the exact jazz styles along with the real piano and drum tracks they prefer to use. I'm thinking there are probably lots of users who use BIAB in a similar fashion.

Thanks again.
© PG Music Forums