PG Music Home
Posted By: bfe Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/06/16 04:50 PM
Today, (after updating to build 437) I find I can no longer enter Sus type chords. It just keeps the original chord or blank cell and moves on to the next when I try to enter a Sus chord...Right clicking a cell and the sus type chord generates the message, " error in chord C sus. It's ANY sus though. They don't work anymore after the update.

I am sure there must be a fix or patch to help...I hope?

Thanks!☺
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/06/16 04:53 PM
bfe,

Build 437 is working fine for me.

I'm not sure if this is relevant but I notice above that you've typed C sus (with a space between C and sus). If you do this in BIAB, it will not recognise the sus... it needs to be typed Csus or Csus4 or C4 (no spaces).

Another way of entering the chord is to go to Chord Builder (right-click on chordsheet) and simply click on the revelant notes and names.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: bfe Re: Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/06/16 04:57 PM
Thanks but, no...I don't put a space and there is the error message too. I shows what I type nowadays too. Good thought. Thanks again.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/06/16 05:02 PM
As a double-check... what happens if you use Chord Builder as shown in the image in my previous post?

Also, what happens if you type C4 or Csus4 (since Csus = Csus4 = C4)?
Posted By: bfe Re: Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/06/16 05:26 PM
Thanks, I CAN enter C4 and it works... and entering Csus2 works. Can't type sus4 anymore perhaps.

It will also refuse to change a previously entered C to a sus whichever way I type it though. Something has changed.

So I have a workaround thanks to you for now. I may have to see if I can remove the update and re-do it.

There may be more odd things that appear as I work on this song so I will come back within 24 hours and let y'all know what happens. Thanks again, amigo.

Peace.☺
Posted By: bfe Re: Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/06/16 05:30 PM
Oh, Also...when I click the Sus as in your chord builder image...that's when it says "Error in Sus chord". ( A pop up window ).

Gotta go now back later.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/06/16 08:03 PM
I have the same BiaB version and everything works fine here also. Csus4 becomes Csus here. No problem as they are the same chord and in fact I have rarely seen a Csus4 in print. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen its just that I don't remember seeing it.

Csus2 works fine here also.

Clicking on Csus in the chord builder works here also, i.e. no error message and I get the right chord.

The above works fine on both MIDI and RTs.

It might be time for a return to factory reset.
Funny it would happen right after an update, but Mario is right. Try Return to Factory Settings. I would also reboot first and check.
Hi,

If you go to Options - Preferences - Display, is the box marked "Display 'sus' as 'sus4'" checked?

If it is, then I get the behaviour you described, and have to type Csus4, not Csus. If I uncheck that box, then Csus works again.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
If that's it, then perhaps the prompt should say Display & Enter as ...
Posted By: bfe Re: Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/07/16 12:28 AM
Yes, Kent the "Display 'sus' as 'sus4'" is checked. So is Display 2 as sus2.

I will maybe try and uncheck those. That might work! For now what happens in summary is:
typing csus = nothing
typing c2 = nothing
typing csus2 = nothing maybe not supposed to anyway.
typing cadd2 works
typing c4 works and displays c4
typing cadd9 works
typing c7sus works

So... I can get the chords, just a little differently and Chord Builder displays "error in chord csus and c2' when checked. I can live with this. My brain just thinks csus and it likes that...c4 is a little faster to type. I end up having to explain c4 as a chord to folks sometimes. (Plus, I carried the other C4 in the USMC so it looks all wrong... smile

Cheers and thanks amigo!

UPDATE: I unchecked the boxes, Kent...seems like it's back the way I remember things...I CAN type csus now and see that entered and displayed in the chart...maybe a gremlin got in here the other night when the window was open.
Posted By: bfe Re: Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/07/16 12:39 AM
Thanks MarioD...Kent seems to have me on track now. I can type in and display Csus like I wanted now. Before all I had was C4. Looks great to me now.Very nice of you to help!

Peace!
Posted By: bfe Re: Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/07/16 12:42 AM
Thanks Noel96...

Got it working again the way I want thanks to you and the others. Very kind of you to help...cheers
Posted By: bfe Re: Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/07/16 12:45 AM
Thanks to YOU, Kent and all the others, I got it back the way I want it. Appreciate your time on this...cheers!
Posted By: bfe Re: Can't enter "Sus" chords after update. - 09/07/16 12:51 AM
Just in case you miss it...I updated my post Kent, thanks very much for the help. Got it back the way I remember and I can enter Csus instead of C4 so I'm happy with that. Good job!

Cheers.
Glad I could help!
I am having a similar "Error in chord" problem when I try to enter sus chords with Build 438 of BB Windows version 2016 :

There are two bugs that seem independent:

If: Options>Preferences>Display> 'Display 2 as sus2' box is checked, then: the Chord Builder will pop up an error message "Error in chord C2" when C2 is selected.

and

If: Options>Preferences>Display> 'Display sus as sus4' box is checked, then: the Chord Builder will pop up an error message "Error in chord Csus" when Csus is selected.

Unchecking these boxes in the Display Preferences dialog is a work-around for both problems.

Maybe this can be addressed in an update?

Thanks,

Brian

Originally Posted By: bfe
Yes, Kent the "Display 'sus' as 'sus4'" is checked. So is Display 2 as sus2.

I will maybe try and uncheck those. That might work! For now what happens in summary is:
typing csus = nothing
typing c2 = nothing
typing csus2 = nothing maybe not supposed to anyway.
typing cadd2 works
typing c4 works and displays c4
typing cadd9 works
typing c7sus works

So... I can get the chords, just a little differently and Chord Builder displays "error in chord csus and c2' when checked. I can live with this. My brain just thinks csus and it likes that...c4 is a little faster to type. I end up having to explain c4 as a chord to folks sometimes. (Plus, I carried the other C4 in the USMC so it looks all wrong... smile

Cheers and thanks amigo!

UPDATE: I unchecked the boxes, Kent...seems like it's back the way I remember things...I CAN type csus now and see that entered and displayed in the chart...maybe a gremlin got in here the other night when the window was open.
© PG Music Forums