PG Music Home
Posted By: MarkL Playback cursor disappears - 10/12/16 11:16 PM
For the song "Nearness of You" which is AABA, the playback cursor displays correctly through the first A section. But after it finishes the first repeat and starts the second A section, the playback cursor stops displaying. It reappears when it gets to the B section and works fine the rest of the song. There is a one measure leadin bar, not sure if that could be complicating things. Any suggestions what could be causing this?
Posted By: Andy Ling Re: Playback cursor disappears - 10/13/16 05:46 AM
I'm guessing from the way you describe this, that you are using a "Song form->repeat" to generate the second A section. I think this is just a "display" feature that hides the repeated bars. If you look at the bar numbers they jump at the start of the B section.

A side effect of this is that the cursor gets hidden too. I'm not sure if this is by design, only PGM can answer that, but it seems to be what happens.

I think the only way to guarantee you can see the cursor is to "unfold" the repeats. So write the second A section out in full. I think there is a menu option to do this automatically.

HTH

Andy
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Playback cursor disappears - 10/13/16 09:30 AM
The leadin bar is not the reason.
Posted By: MarkL Re: Playback cursor disappears - 10/14/16 11:06 AM
I'll take a look at this, thanks.

Originally Posted By: Andy Ling
I'm guessing from the way you describe this, that you are using a "Song form->repeat" to generate the second A section. I think this is just a "display" feature that hides the repeated bars. If you look at the bar numbers they jump at the start of the B section.

A side effect of this is that the cursor gets hidden too. I'm not sure if this is by design, only PGM can answer that, but it seems to be what happens.

I think the only way to guarantee you can see the cursor is to "unfold" the repeats. So write the second A section out in full. I think there is a menu option to do this automatically.

HTH

Andy
Posted By: MarkL Re: Playback cursor disappears - 10/14/16 03:22 PM
Yes, that's it, thanks. I never knew what was going on behind the curtain.

Originally Posted By: Andy Ling

© PG Music Forums