PG Music Home
Posted By: joden RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 10/26/16 03:41 PM
Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm FolkSorrow Ev16 (2548) sounds like a banjo when using a hold (either .. or ...) is this some sort of fault? It really wrecks the mood of a song when you get this real banjo "twang" on a hold.

Thanks
Posted By: jford Re: RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 10/26/16 03:47 PM
I wonder if the hold for that guitar is pointing to the wrong "holds" file> Perhaps there's a banjo hold that sounds like a guiar.

After someone else can verify this (I'm not at my music machine at the moment, otherwise, I would), you should report this to PGMusic for resolution.
Posted By: joden Re: RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 10/26/16 03:51 PM
thx john, yes that was my thinking too. Just need someone to confirm smile
Posted By: Wyndham Re: RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 10/26/16 07:24 PM
yeah I just tried it and it does a banjo or a partial strum up the neck. I did c..,d...g... in bigshuf.sty w/ all but this rt muted
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about this, I can confirm that it's happening here too. I'm reporting it now.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: joden Re: RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 10/26/16 08:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about this, I can confirm that it's happening here too. I'm reporting it now.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Coolio, thanks Kent.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 10/27/16 07:54 AM
Have a look in the RealTrack picker Holds column for some similar Acoustic Holds numbers to try, you can change the Holds Here:

Posted By: joden Re: RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 10/27/16 02:04 PM
I think I'll wait for PG to fix it, rather than setup songs with "workarounds", but thanks for the suggestion it is a good one!
Posted By: joden Re: RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 10/27/16 08:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi,

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Kent, will PG post something here when it is fixed, or do I need to contact them more directly?
Hi Joden,

When it's fixed, it'll be included in an update patch, either an update for BIAB itself or a RealTracks update.

So just make sure you install any patches that are released, and you'll get it.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: joden Re: RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 10/28/16 01:24 PM
coolio thx smile
Posted By: joden Re: RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 11/01/16 01:16 PM
Kent I was just re-thinking this. The last RT glitch I reported, the team there released a couple of small files to replace those in the RT folder... http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=362239#Post362239

This from that thread:
We looked into that issue, and found an instance where an Ebm chord would get played as a Ebmajor. This just affects that RealTracks #372
The fix will appear in the next patch, but if you want to get the fix now, download these tw files to your c:\BB folder

ST2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpwqrzkmws5f6jk/RAcG02.ST2?dl=0
XT2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0o83a4727fk21g7/RAcG02.XT2?dl=0

So as it now seems an update might be some time ( I was going to wait for the update, but I am needing the guitar in another project) is it possible to get patches like was possible in that last case?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 11/01/16 04:24 PM
That's why I mentioned the fix above, just try some other Acoustic guitar Holds. Look at the other holds of the same Artist, 171, 64, 298,, if not try some other Acoustic Guitar Holds.

Attached File
BB_RT2548_Holds.jpg  (47 downloads)
Posted By: joden Re: RT Gtr sounds like a banjo on holds? - 11/01/16 09:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
That's why I mentioned the fix above, just try some other Acoustic guitar Holds. Look at the other holds of the same Artist, 171, 64, 298,, if not try some other Acoustic Guitar Holds.

Cool, yes I think I will have a go at that, thanks Pipeline smile
© PG Music Forums