PG Music Home
I would like BiaB to generate chords for a melody that I've imported via a midi file.

I see the melody in the Notation and Lead Sheet Windows, and I hear it play back.

Under "Select Reharmonist Dialog (Audo-generate a chord progression for a Melody)" (audo is a typo)

it says

"Go to menu Window | Auto-Generate Chord Reharmonization). You will then see the Reharmonist dialog."

I don't have an "Auto-Generate Chord Reharmonization" option in Window.

In the PDF manual... Wow. The PDF manual was wrong, but apparently the update I just installed fixed it. Edit, Chords, Auto-Generate Chord Reharmonization. Neat!

Cool. I guess someone should fix the in-program help, please. grin
Originally Posted By: hat
I would like BiaB to generate chords for a melody that I've imported via a midi file.

I see the melody in the Notation and Lead Sheet Windows, and I hear it play back.

Under "Select Reharmonist Dialog (Audo-generate a chord progression for a Melody)" (audo is a typo)

it says

"Go to menu Window | Auto-Generate Chord Reharmonization). You will then see the Reharmonist dialog."

I don't have an "Auto-Generate Chord Reharmonization" option in Window.

In the PDF manual... Wow. The PDF manual was wrong, but apparently the update I just installed fixed it. Edit, Chords, Auto-Generate Chord Reharmonization. Neat!

Cool. I guess someone should fix the in-program help, please. grin

I have the 2017 version of BIAB for Mac and it also does not have an "Auto-Generate Chord Reharmonization" and so no update has fixed the problem for me. I spent hours painstakingly constructing a MIDI file of the melody + a 3rd to help direct chord choices all because I thought this was possible.

Is it or is it not possible now to auto generate chords from a melody in BIAB?

Thanks for any help...
dfarmer,

Welcome to the forums.

Have you had a look under "Edit | Chords"?

Regards,
Noel

© PG Music Forums