PG Music Home
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone has spent some time with the new sforzando player, what is your experience so far? I'm thinking about the time spent to set it up and use it correctly, does anyone think it is better or easier than Coyote for simple midi recording & playback? I'm hoping there will be a detailed tutorial soon!
Thanks!
Coyote Forte is fully GM compliant and therefore a natural fit for BIAB. For me this has always been the best option.

The newer VST Synths (ST2 and ST3 and now sforzando) are not GM compatible and so will never replace the GM synths unless BIAB made a major change. The can sound better, if you have a keen ear. And there is a place for them in BIAB. But they will are limited in that they need to be setup for each individual track.
Thanks so much! I need something that will automatically load with the correct sounds to save time and frustration, looks like I'll be staying with the coyote for the time being.
Yep, unless you want to tweak every track for every song in BIAB, you really need a General MIDI compliant instrument such as Coyote Forte, Coyote WT, or Cakewalk TTS-1. But, it's also good to have the single track plugins for those times you want to substitute a different instrument sound for a track.

I generally make either Cakewalk TTS-1 my default GM synth, and then use VST's for when I want to substitute. Of course, a number of BIAB styles automatically invoke Sforzando, but that's seamless. And of course, any time you save a song with embedded VST's, the next time, it will load and play, so again seamless. But for getting a song going "out of the box", a GM multi-channel synth is de rigeur.
"Great" explanation. Thanks.

DE
I miss the BIAB GM fan scene mentioning Steinberg's Hypersonic 2, still one of the best, although it was expensive. I bought Omnysytnh2 a wile back, quite OK, but a hassle to get rolling at times, so i leave it alone by now. -F
© PG Music Forums