PG Music Home
Hi all,

This video highlights some of the great new mixer enhancements and the fully-featured floating mixer in Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows.

Important note: this new floating mixer was added in 2017 build 455 (which is available dec 22 8pm est ) from the support page here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm

You can find the video here:
Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows - Mixer Enhancements

And here is an index:
Basic Functionality
Soloing Enhancements
Muting Enhancements
Mixer Piano Enhancements
Floating Mixer Resizing

If you're interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows, you can find our pricing chart here:
Purchase Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Windows

Jareth
Posted By: A_R Re: Video: Floating Mixer and Mixer Enhancements - 12/22/16 09:48 PM
Nice
The new floating mixer is fantastic - well done.

One final request that I have posted on wishlist is to make the master Volume control work with an external synth instead of just RT's and Vst/DXi. Balancing BIAB and my keyboard volume is a continuing challenge and since I use an external synth, I cannot use this control unless the style has no MIDI tracks. There must be lots of other users in this situation.

Thanks
Tony
Very cool!!!
OK
I wrongly questioned the usefulness (at least for me) of the new interface in another forum place (so I have to rewrite it there) :
in short, I have no problems with the 456 update, except that I personally prefer to keep the previous GUI : 1 fixed mixer + another 1 that could be docked, moved, or made appear/disappear at will. Hence my question : is it possible to keep this feature with 456 or should I definitely stick to 454 build ?
Secondly, and more important : 5 latin styles from RT264 are tagged as N/A in stylepicker (and aren't there indeed), despite re-installs. Am I the only one to face this ?
thanx for help
>>> Hence my question : is it possible to keep this feature with 456 or should I definitely stick to 454 build ?

In the "full toolbar mode" with the big toolbar, you can either have a floating mixer or a fixed mixer. Ctrl-Shift-M hotkey toggles between them (As does pressing the button in the top right of the mixer)

In the new "small toolbar mode" you can either have a floating mixer or no mixer. (Ctrl-Shift-M toggles that).

So Ctrl-Shift-M hotkey toggles the mixer views and Ctrl-T switches between full toolbar and small toolbar. There also buttons to do that, and menu items too.

It is not possible to have two full sized mixers on the screen at once. This is the same as many (possible all) other windows, in BBW. For example, you can't have two notation windows at once (floating or fixed - not both). Or two guitars, two chordsheet windows etc. etc.
I completely understand the benefits to avoid the redondance of 2 similar mixer windows with this update: for its true practical usefulness, I'll wait and see...
The second issue (missing styles) is more frustrating, first of all with an update supposed to "fix" issues. I'm still waiting for support team feedback...
Mo.
Hi Mo,

You could try re-downloading realtracks264-266.exe.

A few days ago I clicked "Show ONLY N/A (not found) Styles" in the Stylepicker and came up with 13 styles from the 2017 release (including 5 from set 264) plus a further 18 midi supertrack styles. The puzzling thing was that when I checked, I had all the realtracks and MIDI supertracks that were included in these styles.

I had installed the realtracks_dec2016_patch and these styles were still listed as "n/a".

I bought and downloaded all the files on 1 December. I decided to re-download the four new realtracks sets plus the 2017_49pak.exe. When I did so I discovered that the realtracks sets were dated 8 December and were considerably larger than the original ones I had downloaded previously. The new 2017_49pak.exe was dated 6 December. After I reinstalled the realtrack sets the realtrack styles were no longer listed as "n/a" and reinstalling the 49pak corrected the missing MIDI supertracks.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Richard, you're right, I'll follow your advice :
- re-download + reinstall RT set 264-266
- same story for 2017_49pak.exe
Maybe it could be linked to the use of a download manager, which happens to miss some bytes of the exe ?? (explanation not certified...)
Most puzzling is that, even though the 5 styles tagged as N/A by stylepicker,(for info: _BRASLIA.STY.
_CERTEZA.STY
_FLAUTA.STY
_MELODIA.STY
_SURDINA.STY.
each drums/instruments parts of these styles are actually available (as if it were an issue of just 5 missing files)...
I'll let u know what's going on
Anyway, have a great 2017 full of health and good music...
Mo.
I just downloaded the RT 264-266 set : you were perfectly right :
1st download 12.03.16 = 700.265 Ko
2st download (today) = 700.764 Ko
As for the 2017_49pak.exe :
1st download 12.02.16: 1.270.284 Ko
Today = 1.302.442 Ko

Bottom Line : I owe you a bottle of good wine (or whatever you wish)...
I'm currently doing the same for other files now !
Richard For President !!!
I just upgraded from BIAB 2010 to 2017 for Windows and I love the idea of the floating mixer, however, for some reason when I choose the floating mixer it doesn't look like the mixer in the video. There is a patch button and volume button, and so, on in the floating mixer window.......but no mixer button...no meters...What am I missing? Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.
Have you updated to the latest BIAB 2017 update patch?
Got it. I thought I was running the latest update because I had ran the updater from within BIAB but I actually had to go to the website and download the update. Now it is functioning properly and I love the floating mixer. Thanks for the help. Peace.
Looks like some feel the enhancements need a bit of a tweak.
Wishlist for Combo Slider
lol - Discovered today that if you hold the SHIFT Key and adjust any volume slider it does what the old floating mixer Combo did (Adjusts levels Mix intact).
CTRL drag moves all sliders to same levels.
© PG Music Forums