PG Music Home
Posted By: Kev T No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/04/17 08:17 PM
Having recently updated to BB 2017 and also bought extra style packs I sat down today to listen to as many of the new styles as I could. (Impressed !!)

Particularly lovin' the Western Swing styles.....but noticed that, while all of the other _WSWING styles have demos.....the style _WSWING7 does not and just displays a yellow error message saying there is no demo.
Disappointing because , as a pedal steel player, I really enjoy Paul Franklin's playing and was looking forward to seeing what he did with that style. Curious why that was the only _WSWING.sty with no demo?

Does everyone else have this demo missing please?

Happy New Year to all.

Kevin
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/04/17 11:42 PM
Confirmed, not available. Maybe this is something PGM still need to produce?
Posted By: LtKojak Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/05/17 02:48 AM
Why do you need a demo?

Just get some chords and use it already.
Posted By: Kev T Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/05/17 06:34 AM
Thanks Video Track for the confirmation. Relieved to know it's not just me. smile

Thanks also for your reply Lt. Kojak. As I originally said....I was mainly curious why there were demos of all the other _WSWING styles but not _WSWING7. Yes, I already tried with my own chords but also appreciate hearing the way the professionals program the demos. Often they will use chord progressions I might not have thought of.
Posted By: Bernard Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/05/17 01:30 PM
OK, same here, there is no demo for the styles
WSwing6 and 7.
Of course no problem because there are other demos in the Western Swing styles...
Load the demo song for _WSWING5 (available), come back to the style picker and choose _WSWING7 as a style. Click OK (without selecting the demo song business): Voila!
Bernard
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/05/17 04:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Kev T
Having recently updated to BB 2017 and also bought extra style packs I sat down today to listen to as many of the new styles as I could. (Impressed !!)

Particularly lovin' the Western Swing styles.....but noticed that, while all of the other _WSWING styles have demos.....the style _WSWING7 does not and just displays a yellow error message saying there is no demo.
Disappointing because , as a pedal steel player, I really enjoy Paul Franklin's playing and was looking forward to seeing what he did with that style. Curious why that was the only _WSWING.sty with no demo?

Does everyone else have this demo missing please?

Happy New Year to all.

Kevin

To listen to the pedal steel soloist in the style, you could load in _WSWING+.STY
This is a MultiStyle that has rhythm-section-only defined for substyles A and B, and the other styles with soloists defined for substyles C and higher (_WSWING2, _WSWING3 etc). Right-click on a part marker to see this. Setting the substyle to M or N would play the pedal steel soloist, or you could play from bar 113 in the _WSWING+ demo song.

But yes, _WSWING6 and 7 can also be used as full fledged styles and should have their own demos. We'll add those in a patch.
Posted By: Kev T Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/05/17 05:20 PM
Thank you very much Andrew and Bernard for your replies. I'll try what you both suggest and look forward to a future patch with the _WSWING6 and 7 demos. smile

What an excellent forum this is!
Posted By: Kev T Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/05/17 06:01 PM
Note for Bernard. Now here's an oddity.....I do actually have a demo for _WSWING6 ?? Just not for 7

_WSWING6 is a western swing tune featuring Brent Mason. You definite you don't have that demo?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/05/17 07:39 PM
I have _WSWING6 also, only _WSWING7 is missing.
Posted By: Bernard Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/06/17 07:49 AM
Why? why me??? Scandal!!!
I have re-checked, demo (_WSWING6) "not found"...

OK, I then re-load my Real Tracks (165-169) aaannd, still "not found",
I hate this!!!! Any explanation?
Bernard
Posted By: jford Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/06/17 08:45 AM
I noticed that the preview demos (the WMA files) for both _WSWING6 and _WSGWING7 are available; however, the SGU file demos are not.

I would suggest until this is fixed, just load one of the ones you do have (such as _WSWING4 or _WSWING5), then just change the style to _WSWING6 or _WSWING7 and listen away. I noticed that all the other _WSWING* demo files have the same chord progression, so that would pretty much give you the demo anyway.
Posted By: joden Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/06/17 11:38 AM
There are actually quite a few styles that have no demo!
Posted By: Kev T Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/06/17 05:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Bernard
Why? why me??? Scandal!!!
I have re-checked, demo (_WSWING6) "not found"...

OK, I then re-load my Real Tracks (165-169) aaannd, still "not found",
I hate this!!!! Any explanation?
Bernard

2017 ......must be your turn Bernard! grin

Thanks also John.....I used _WSWING+ demo and then changed style to _WSWING7.....sounds great. I realised when I listened to the other styles in this series that it was the same general backing ....so yes, I see what you mean.

Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/06/17 06:19 PM
There was an online demo for the 'quick preview' but not a local one, so that probably explains the differences there.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/06/17 11:18 PM
My demo for WSWING6 plays this file:
C:\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio\_WSWING6.wma

Search your entire drive for _WSWING6.wma

Maybe it's in a different folder?

This is only a wild guess: Try a slow complete rebuild of StylePicker
Posted By: jford Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/07/17 01:08 AM
Trevor, the issue isn't the wma demo, but the local sgu demo.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/07/17 02:28 AM
Thanks John. Looking back I could have explained it better. My reply was in response to Bernard:

Who had provided this unhappy post.

Sorry for the confusion.

Posted By: Bernard Re: No demo for style _WSWING7 ? - 01/07/17 04:48 AM
Yeess, confirmed: the wma demo can be heard within the Style Picker, but the MGU file will not be found (in my case, same "punishment" (no MGU file) for _WSWING6)
Bernard
© PG Music Forums