PG Music Home
Hi, imported 2 mono WAV audio file blocks (24bit BTW). Generating or re-generating the song, and 1 out of 2 times BIAB 456 crashes completely. Win 7 64bit, RME fireface firewire connected, Hypersonic 2 or Coyote wavetab, BIAB running as administrator ... Crashed, BIAB exits after that. Killing the audio track solves the problem ...

PS experiment (with Edirol Hyper canvas as VST): loading the audio as one piece mono 16 bit ... same thing, crash ==> exit. SEE BELOW

- F

------------------------------------------

PS the crash display shows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bbw.exe
Application Version: 2017.0.0.456
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: bbw.exe
Fault Module Version: 2017.0.0.456
Fault Module Timestamp: 2a425e19
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 0055087a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0b75
Additional Information 2: 0b75568a0e6063f8cf7482f4e14934ab
Additional Information 3: c0ea
Additional Information 4: c0ea3fb5f3ebb5e9eecf94b5491c3827

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Attached picture biab 2017 456 generate with audio crash.jpg
I wonder if this might be related to the 24 bit audio? Have you had the same issue with 16 bit audio? Also, have you tried more than one 24 bit audio file?
Fiddler, have there been any other changes except for the upgrade? E.g. did you change anything with the sound interfaces or anything else similar?
I could be wrong, but I thought that BIAB only deals with 16-bit audio. RealBand can handle higher bit rates, but all the audio in BIAB is 16-bit, as I understand it. I suspect that may be where the problem lies.

You might want to try loading the files into RealBand and down converting from 24-bit to 16-bit audio to see if that's the problem.
Thanks for the replies guyz ....

It happens both with 16bit AND 24 bit. I have not changed anything audio/drivers wise, but it could very well be that the same was before last year as i almost never worked with audio before within BIAB (2016 and 2017). The problem is only when you regenerate the Realtracks and song ... F
Fiddler,

I did a search of the error messages and two solutions came up: reinstall the program (BiaB) and reinstall a corrupted driver. Both solutions point to a corrupted file.

What attracted my attention was the privacy statement. I don't think I've ever seen a privacy statement in a crash message.
Hello Jim, Done, still a no go, crash ... BTW sent it to PG a few days back, not heard from them. PS i noticed a (filename).bt1 file was saved with the song, any ideas what it is?

As tester I loaded the BIAB file into RealBand. Funny: a Half-time in BIAB reggae style, but in Realband one track plays back in normal time (double speed) while below the title it says half-time, and 2 tracks were not fully generated 'till the end. Selecting these separately, checking "halftime" and regenerating fixed this. BUT i noticed that there were a few errors in this plm 140 bar BIAB .MGU import in Realband 2017 v3 near the ending. Experienced arrangement errors from BIAB imported .MGU files like these before about 2 years ago, why i never worked with realband really ... -F
BUMP
Fiddler,

What happens if you generate the file without the audio track loaded and then, after the song has generated, load in the audio track?

Also, under the the 'Song settings' menu (right-click on the chordsheet to access 'Song settings'), try activating the option "This song has playback problems. Disable fast generation" and see if that helps.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture fast generation disable.JPG
Thanks Noel, on both counts: nope, without audio: OK, with audio MONO 16 bit afterwards added, crash with an absolute death of BIAB 2017 v 456 .... F
BUMP 2
Fiddler,

You mention using half-time styles. Does the problem happen if you use a style that is all normal time?

Regards,
Noel
Hi Noel, just tried that no half time, only a drumtrack loaded as audio, it's the same, in this case with the new BIAB v457, here after pressing Control V trying to buffer the audio for shifting it ... F

Attached File
Thanks for the graphic.

I notice you have the Audio Edit Window open. When you open this, is that when the computer crashes?

It looks like your audio file goes from bar 17 to bar 77 while the song file is 3 x 32 = 96 bars long. Is there any reason for this mismatch in size?

Also, I see that the song is set to three choruses. Have you tried unfolding it into a single chorus before loading the audio to see if that makes a difference?
Hi Noel. This one was just a short tester to answer your request about a non-halftimer, which also crashes. Just off-located audio loaded in some one chord SGU file. Already dumped it LoL.

Just sent mail 2 and 3 to PG, the first one was about a week ago, and they have not answered yet so maybe they know something's a-miss. My guess is that it has to do with Windows itself or the audio drivers for hardware used.

BTW I tried loading the former crashing song with the halftime tracks in to RealBand. No crashes there, but half time tracks all have to be individually reloaded addressed as half time, I still don't like RealBand very much, especially the cumbersome copy and paste routines needed instead of just shifting (and stretching) blocks of audio. Spoiled by Cubase.

Anyway i give up. I feel again like a paying Beta tester .... Steinberg BTW is pretty good at that too, selling you a house with about half the plumbing done, telling you: "well maybe you can take a leak in the backyard if you can't hold it no longer". F
Ahh... I see.

I don't have any more ideas. There is certainly something unusual afoot here. All I can suggest is to wait for PG Music to respond.

If you sent the email to them a little while back, it might be worthwhile sending another and put the URL of this thread in it because it will help them see all the steps you've tried.

All the best
Noel
Hello Fiddler,

We received your message and thanks for the additional information. We are working on it.
Thanks Andrew, got the private message too ... F
© PG Music Forums