PG Music Home
One of the many new features we're excited to share with the new 2017 version of Band-in-a-Box® is the redesigned GUI!

Click here to jump to the GUI enhancements explanation in our Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows New Features Video.

We have redesigned the main screen with many requested improvements, including a new, smaller footprint, configurable toolbars, a tabbed interface, the progress bar, and more! The toolbar area is now 1/3 of the previous vertical height. All of the same buttons are available through the tabbed interface. Select a toolbar on the tabs and then the button you want to use. Re-order the buttons by drag and drop. Customize your own toolbar by adding any buttons in any order. Use the floating, movable, resizable mixer. There are three modes for the toolbar:

• New, smaller, configurable toolbar with tabbed interface.
  • Old, taller toolbar, with fixed on-screen mixer (useful for people with hi-res screens).
  • DAW mode. This makes a small screen, always on top, useful for drag and drop of files to your favorite DAW.

There are even more additional features on the new GUI - Click here to read about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows.
I really like the new GUI. It is more like the GUIs of my other music software, i.e. modern looking and usable.

Keep up the great work.
The new GUI is a direct result of user input requesting a more modern interface. After using the new interface for a time, I much prefer it.
I have yet to go back to the old GUI. There are a few things that still need work, but all in all, it's pretty cool.
No argument from me regarding the new user interface. I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing!
I was not one of the people who hated the old GUI, it was quite functional.

However, I do like the new GUI even better. I especially like the fact that I can see many more measures of music in the matrix on the screen without scrolling.

Good job PG Music!

Insights and incites by Notes
Quote:
I was not one of the people who hated the old GUI, it was quite functional.

I agree, Bob. I didn't dislike the old GUI (and found it quite comfortable), but I do get how it can be daunting for new users.

I really like the new GUI and hope to see even additional improvements on it going forward (not complaining, but realize there is always room for improvement).
Liking the new GUI too cool smile
I saw the post and thought there were some NEW changes like skins folder select, but this is from January frown
The new GUI has stood the test of time nicely.
When I saw the subject, I too thought about new developments on the GUI... Boo, hiss, click bait!!!!
The good news is that the GUI is no longer news. We've hardly heard anything about it in months.

Sure, many ideas have been proposed for further improvements (including a bunch by me) but it really isn't the problem it was a year ago.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
The good news is that the GUI is no longer news. We've hardly heard anything about it in months.

We gave up? smile
© PG Music Forums