PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul changing real tracks - 01/10/17 06:15 AM
hello
is it possible to change the style of an individual real track at a specific bar without changing the style for the whole length of the track or the whole song.

i just want to change any track at any bar for any duration.
thank you.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: changing real tracks - 01/10/17 08:48 AM
I assume by posting here you have Windows version of BIAB. That being the case, the answer is yes but it is much easier to do in RB than BIAB.

You can easily change a style throughout a song but that changes all the instruments.
So, I would suggest the following. Save your project with the main style of your song.
Open Stylepicker and select the alternate style you wish to use.

This alternate style must contain the RealTrack instrument you are wanting to singularly change styles.

Generate the song using the alternate style. Save the RealTrack instrument as a performance track.

Return to the original style of your song and import the saved performance track onto a blank track.

Use F5 to mute/unmute between the two RealTrack instruments throughout the song alternating styles of the same instrument.

There may be a simpler way but as I said, I would normally do this type of thing in RB. If there is a simpler way, another forum member will chime in. Hope this helps.

Charlie
Posted By: DEddy Re: changing real tracks - 01/10/17 09:55 AM
Charlie: Impressive answer.

DE
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: changing real tracks - 01/10/17 11:20 AM
Originally Posted By: DEddy
Charlie: Impressive answer.

DE

Thanks - (sheepish grin unfolds to big smile)

Charlie
Posted By: paulpaul Re: changing real tracks - 01/14/17 12:09 AM
thanks for reply
i was aware of the options you gave but its such a long way round,i just wanted to do it on the fly type of thing.
i will have a look at the real band options.

yes im on windows 10
thanks again
Posted By: paulpaul Re: changing real tracks - 01/16/17 04:01 AM
hello
your advice on real band was/is the way to go for me.
it worked super.
thanks
© PG Music Forums