PG Music Home
Posted By: fiddler2007 Missing Styles 2 - 01/17/17 11:16 AM
Inspired by P.Glaser's post on missing styles, i was checking the styles acquired over the years, Alas i found that a lot of the Ultra Pack styles are missing according the style picker, but not by checking BIAB's info button "what add-ons do i have?", see pictures uploaded .... Q: where can you find these, and how to fix these error messages. I don't dare to reinstall older bought stuff like 20_pak (2012), 16_pak (2013), 2015_49pak_1.exe, 2015_49pak_2, etc just over my current 2017 v456 installation, thinking they are outdated ... or not? Already tried a complete fresh 2017 install, as such not overwriting older installations. I have this issue with BIAB 2017 v 456. -F

Attached picture UltraPak.jpg
Attached picture BIAB 2017 content.jpg
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Missing Styles 2 - 01/17/17 02:36 PM
I went through same exercise since there has been a few posts on this recently (just liek this time last year) and looked for N/A styles - had about 32.

But like last year I downloaded everything (the installs, all the RT's, bonus paks, etc.) right after buying on 30 Nov.

BUT LIKE LAST YEAR - PG update and fixed some RT's, and bonus pak installs AFTER I rushed to get them early to start using the new BIAB.

Bottom-line I re-downloaded and reinstalled all three sets of the new RT's, the 49 Bonus pak, and a few others, and that installed all the missing - I now have ZERO (0) N/A styles

Larry
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Missing Styles 2 - 01/17/17 04:54 PM
Hi Larry, thanks. But what exactly did you re-download and re-install? Only the stuff listed below?

Actually i tend to think the styles aren't missing, only not seen by the style picker, also after refreshing it using both fix buttons. -F

Attached picture BIAB 2017 downloads.jpg
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Missing Styles 2 - 01/17/17 10:54 PM
I guess I should have said:

"this is slightly different than your exact issue - but this may correct it, if other methods don't."

Also this was more related to the OTHER thread talking about styles that are "N/A" (as in missing). I knew going in my "missing" styles issue was not a SW version, patch version, or "rebuild" styles list issue.

All I did, and I should have done it a few weeks ago (just lazy) was to re-downloaded the three 2016 additional RT's executables, the 49 plus pak, and xtra styles pak 2 (this last one was for grins).

ALL the newest downloaded RT .exe's file sizes were significantly LARGER than those from Nov 30, not just a few bytes, ditto the 49 plus pak. The downloaded and reinstalled "stuff:"

realtracks264-266.exe
realtracks267-269.exe
realtracks270-277.exe

2017_49pak.exe

xtra_styles_pak_2.exe

This re-download/re-install corrected 100% of my 32 "missing" (aka N/A) styles. But then I knew it probably would since over 25+ years I own all styles, all extra paks, all additional add-ins/add-ons.

This is the price I pay every year for early downloading of install files. Sometimes these early files aren't as "complete" and obviously not as up to date as the same files a few weeks later. PG gets pretty BUSY right at release time and there are a LOT OF FILES, so a few get dropped through the cracks - it is to be expected.

Larry
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Missing Styles 2 - 01/17/17 11:46 PM
Larry,

That's a good point. Those download files you mention will be updated periodically by PG Music as changes occur. This is the same with the BIAB/RB (full) installation exe. It gets updated as new builds arrive.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Missing Styles 2 - 01/18/17 05:28 AM
Hi Larry ....

these files:

realtracks264-266.exe
realtracks267-269.exe
realtracks270-277.exe

v. BIAB 2016?

Never saw those, not for download anyway; where can i find them?

Had my RT versions on the sent audiophile drive embedded in the main installer i guess.
I did download and install the dec 30 patch BTW afterwards.

But did some file checking, and found i had to reinstall some realtracks from the PG drive, so the problem might be solved, LoL

regs, F
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Missing Styles 2 - 01/18/17 09:27 AM
Fiddler, go to the below update link. There are some Realtrack updates issued on Dec 13. If you bought BIAB before this, you may need to apply them to your purchase.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_realtracks.htm

As I understand the description given, these updates apply to Audiophile and non-Audiophile editions since they relate to the use/application of Realtracks rather than the actual audio files.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Missing Styles 2 - 01/18/17 01:53 PM
Hi All

Got a reply from PG support:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[...If you're referring to the discrepancy between the file count in your StylePicker, where it says something like: "EVERYTHING JAZZ [UltraPAK=2,617] [found=2,591]," then that's just an annoying glitch. I'm not even sure if either of those sets of numbers are correct.

The "What add-ons do I have?" window is the definitive answer to what's installed.

As long as the "What add-ons do I have?" window says that you have everything installed (which it does, as per your screenshots!) you're totally good to go.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Solved then i guess? thnx F
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Missing Styles 2 - 01/18/17 02:30 PM
Here is the best way to determine if you are missing any styles (.STY files that you select from the StylePicker), out of the complete set of available styles from PG Music.

1. Open the StylePicker.
2. Click the 'Other' drop down menu at the top --> Show styles that are found/not found --> Show only n/a styles.
3. This shows only styles that you do not have. If there are no styles listed, that means you have all available styles.
Posted By: P Glaser Re: Missing Styles 2 - 01/18/17 08:20 PM
Thanks Andrew.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Missing Styles 2 - 01/18/17 10:39 PM
Yep, thnx, i'll check later ...
--------

ADDED INFO, v457 installed, re imported the sty and stx files from the BIAB drive, seems fixed now.

BTW what are *.STX files, obviously belonging to a *.STY with the same name ? - F
Posted By: GAJ52 Re: Missing Styles 2 - 01/22/17 07:14 PM
Andrew

I have just tried what you said and it came up with 11 missing styles, one of which is _SOFTROK. Where do I get these missing styles from ?

Glen
© PG Music Forums