PG Music Home
Hi,

I have BIAB version 456 and Realband version 3 up and running.

When I open either and check for updates they say that they are up to date when in fact there is version 457 for BIAB and the Jan 20 2017 update for RealBand.

What is causing this?

Thanks!
voxbox,

As I understand it, when a new build is first released, it's regarded as beta. It's only after it's been given a chance to prove itself robust that the beta status is removed. Once that is done, the program will see the update.

Regards,
Noel
Hi Noel96,

Gotcha.

Thanks for the info. Who knew? LOL

Cheers!
Noel is correct; PG Music staff have explained this to us but I don't think it's well known.

My further understanding is that the release of a new version (labelled beta by practice) means the prior version becomes the current (and shipping) version as far as the in-program query works (with possible exceptions). So, "what is causing this"? The desire of the company to make sure you get a stable version.
Where do you see a Jan 20 update for RB??
Originally Posted By: rharv
Where do you see a Jan 20 update for RB??

Think Voxbox is referring to RealTracks update of 20 Jan. http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=391383#Post391383
Hi Kev T,

Yes that it what I was referring to.

I look at it this way. Anytime you revise your current build its an update. Call it beta or what ever PG wants to call it. Maybe a message could alert the user that there is a Beta update available. Then the user can decide whether or not to risk the beta install.

CHEERS!!
© PG Music Forums